We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining late

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sussex
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining late

Hi, we will be coming to Venice from Orlando airport - we are not sure what time we will arrive but it could be late (after 9pm). Will there be anywhere we can go to grab a bite to eat & drink to celebrate our first night on holiday? I understand most places finish service early for dinner. We don't really want to end up having fast food in our hotel room! Many thanks in advance.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining late

Open until 11 pm. Saltwater Cafe just on the north side on 41 with a Nokomis address

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining late

Given you are flying in from London and will have at least 5 hours jet lag I have to say it isn't really safe to drive that far.

I have a house there, and i alwaus stay the night in the LBV area before driving down the next am (as I do if flying into Miami).

I do drive from TPA or RSW s they are closer (ie 1-1.5 hours which is the max I consider to be safe).

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,495 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining late

Where are you staying in Venice?

Given the late hour, you should stop along I-75 to break up the trip from Orlando. There are many options along the way other than fast food.

Places in Lakewood Ranch, Ellenton or even west of Orlando. You will be tired.

The new Daquiri Deck in Venice is open late if you take that option to not stop.

Better to arrive safe, but it's your call.

~SRQgirl

4. Re: Dining late

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 01:17