We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House or Cottage rental...Vero Beach or vicinity...?

Which Vero Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, North...
1 post
Save Topic
House or Cottage rental...Vero Beach or vicinity...?

Would appreciate any leads for a house/cottage rental in this area for 2 senior adults. No children or pets, no smokers. Waterfront or beach access not really necessary. But convenience to a boat launch area is desireable. Looking for a 2-3 Bedroom rental that is well equipped. Privacy and perhaps a screened in porch, BBQ, and on site parking for a 20' boat I will trailer there would be a great Plus+++!.

A nice friendly neighborhood would be a plus too. Looking for 2-3 month rental for Jan., Feb., & perhaps March of 2015 with a maximum rental price range of $3000.00 per month.

Checking early so we can be sure of accommodations. Many thanks for all responses.

Donzen

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House or Cottage rental...Vero Beach or vicinity...?

I'm not able to recommend real estate agents or rental agencies. There's obviously plenty of both.

The City of Vero Beach has two boat ramps on the barrier island, near the northern bridge and south of the Art Museum. There's limited ocean access for watercraft at Round Island Park, which also has a boat ramp on its Indian River side.

You might start looking at a local weekly beach newspaper's online edition:

http://www.vb32963online.com/

It mostly has houses for sale, and those tend to be expensive. Not quite Hamptons expensive, but getting into that territory. Parts of the beach (including within the Vero Beach city limits) and most of the mainland are far more modest. You can do some of the work of vetting neighborhoods via Google Street View, which is mostly rather recent and high quality.

You might look around the barrier island in the area between Vero's two bridges and a bit northward, roughly the area where streets are named for flowering plants or birds. The area around Riomar Golf Course is elite but there's some modest houses near South Beach (the ocean area closest to the south bridge). Also check the Royal Palm area on the mainland (curving streets) and perhaps the McAnsh Park area, whose park is actually named "Troy Moody". There's lots of newer housing farther inland, including lots of gated communities. One unusual one is Indian River Club. It's surrounded by a slightly dodgy neighborhood but is conserving its threatened Florida scrub-jays. I kind of doubt that there would be seasonal rentals within your range, but...

www.indianriverclub.com/Default.aspx…

For the most part, the barrier island north and south of the City of Vero Beach is high-priced, though you might very well find a condo. There is a relatively modest neighborhood on the beach at Wabasso, north of the causeway road and Disney's resort.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,506 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House or Cottage rental...Vero Beach or vicinity...?

Try www.vrbo.com or home away.com as they both have vacation rental homes and condo's. I think some of the areas blue mentioned may require a minimum 7 month lease. You can check with local realtors like Century 21, Schlitt realty, MacWilliams Realty, & I believe there is probably a Re-Max down there too. If you find some places to choose from you can let us know and we can tell you the type of neighborhood they may be in. I believe the only boat ramps are at the Merrill Barber bridge but its not a far drive from most anywhere in Vero.

Vero Beach, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: House or Cottage rental...Vero Beach or vicinity...?

I have a 2bdr, 2 Ba , fully furnished house for rent. In Vero. I charge $2400/mo. The house is located about 4 miles from the 20th street bridge where there is a marina and another boat launch. The home has everything you need. Full laundry, full kitchen with dish washer, garage, back patio with a grill, his and her bikes, Florida room with fold out couch. The home is located centrally, 5 miles to the beach and 5 miles to Vero's shopping. The home is available Dec thru early March. Call (262) 707-3040 or email latte1998@yahoo.com can send pics if your interested.

4. Re: House or Cottage rental...Vero Beach or vicinity...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Vero Beach