We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
florida
2 posts
Save Topic
marriage proposal

my girlfriend and i will be going to palm beach in late april and i am planning to propose while there. I have some ideas on the proposal itself but are there any romantic/interesting locations in the palm beach area to propose and also any recommendations on accomidations (very upscale like the ritz and breakers are out of our price range however) she wanted to go here for a long weekend so i'm trying to come up a plan. thanks.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: marriage proposal

Even though you're not going to stay at the Breakers, there's no reason that you cannot go to see it and while inside the vast lobby, pop the question. Or find out where "the Donald" has his place, walk by it on the beach and when you're in front of it, pop the question.

Then there's always Worth Ave. (or Drive?) where all those expensive shops are.

Wherever you do it, be sure to carry your camera and learn to use the self timer in case no one else is around to help you capture the moment.

Good Luck (and congratulations).

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marriage proposal

Okay, first, accommodations: for romance, can't beat a bed and breakfast. There are several great ones in the area - Grandview Gardens B & B $150/night, Hibiscus House Downtown & Hibiscus House Northwood $150 – 220,

Tropical Gardens $150 – 175, Casa de Rosa $160 – 240,

Sabal Palm House $140 up. They all have websites, so you can check them out. On Palm Beach, the Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn does not cost the same as the Breakers or Ritz. Now, for the proposal. You could go to the Breakers Hotel to the Seafood Bar (it's the name of the restaurant) for dinner, then walk on the beach and propose there. Or, have dinner somewhere less expensive, take her there for dessert, get the wait staff in on it and have them deliver the ring with dessert, then go walk on the beach.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marriage proposal

I agree with FlApenny regarding all accomindations. Personally, I love the Hibiscus house. The Grandview Gardens is great as well. Additionally, any of the recommendations for staying on Palm Beach itself will work. As she mentioned, they all have websites so you can check it out. You also have the option of staying on Singer Island, which is in North Palm Beach, and stay directly on the beach. There are a couple of options there, Hilton, Marriot Ocean Point, or the Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas. If you check on www.kayak.com, or www.nextag.com, sometimes you can get a good deal on these rooms when they run specials. If you stay up there, you can coordinate a proposal with any of those hotels-wether it be room service, morning brunch, evening dinner, or by yourself on the beach, then have a bottle of champaign delivered by concierge after the fact. They will work with you. There are several really nice restuarants up there as well, one recommendation being the River House-great seafood and on the water. Also, if you wanted something a little more natural and personal, on the North part of Singer island is McArthur State Park. There is a small fee to get in (a few bucks per car), but once you park, there is a huge boardwalk that streches over the intracoastal to the beach. Anyplace inside of this park would be very romantic, then after the fact have your hotel have champaign etc...waiting for you in the room when you return.

Regarding any of the places in dowtown WPB, or on Palm Beach mentioned in post above, they are all in charming locations. Correct, you do not have to stay at the Breakers to dine there. Make reservations at the Seafood Bar, and while making reservations, tell them what you are planning to do. They will work with you. This goes for mainly any restaurant that you may choose. Also in downtown WPB, there are several good restuarants on Clematis Street-Cabana's(Latin), Forte(Tuscan/italian), Raco Taco and Tequila Bar(mexican), Spoto's(seafood). Once done with dinner take a stroll to the intracoastal to "check things out". There is an open little park down there. She may not expect it then. Once done, go back up Clematis and celebrate=) There are lots of options. Once you decide where you are staying, anyone at the hotel or B&B can help you with your details if needed. It is paradise here so anywhere you choose I am certain will be a success! Good Luck, and let me know if you need any additionl specific info.

4. Re: marriage proposal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations