We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
12 posts
Save Topic
West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

Due to a last minute change in plans, I am hosting a bachelorette party for my best friend in West Palm Beach over Memorial Day Weekend. We are all from New York City and initially planned to go to Miami, but the plans fell through. We are looking for a fun atmosphere where we can go out at night and dance. During the day we want to hang out at the beach or pool with hotel service. We definitly want the hotel to be nice, but are looking to be surrounded by 20/30 somethings. Does anyone have any advice?

Specifically, I would be interested to know if there is a fun downtown area. Are there bars and clubs? What is the scene like? Do you know what it is like on Memorial Day weekend in particular? Any recommendations on nice hotels with beach front property or nice pools?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

As far as hotels, I'd recommend Singer Island or Palm Beach, depending on your budget. There are some hotels both places that go for between $120 - $200/night. Make reservations now, as they will fill up quickly due to the holiday. They'll be on the beach with the services you want. The Singer Island Hilton is good, I don't know about any others (the Crowne Plaza is now closed, it would be my first choice).

There is a wonderful downtown area called Clematis Street with many nightclubs in a variety of venues. www.westpalmbeach.com/clematis/index.html will give you some idea.

City Place also has restaurants, shops and clubs and is close to Clematis Street.

If you like Latin dancing, Noche nightclub on PGA Blvd is not far from Singer Island.

The 20 - 30 crowd can also be found at Downtown at the Gardens, a complex of restaurants and shops off PGA Blvd.

I'm sure there will be lots going on that weekend.

Palm Beach
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

What is your budget?

Also, not sure why anyone would recommend Singer Island - though part of it's charm is the Old Florida 50's style motels and the transients (in all fairness it is getting better, there is a ton of new development happening) you will be in walking distance to nothing - though the drive through the hood on the way is pleasant! Three years from now it will be a much different place, as for now, don't go. Just my opinion.

As for Palm Beach Island (warning: your hotel choices will not be full of 20/30 somethings, perhaps rethink Miami!) - it really depends on your budget. The Breakers is an obvious choice but that time of the year you can get decent rates at The Colony and The Chesterfield. Both have pools and are walking distance to the beach - on the island you can hit Cucina del'Arte and the Brazilian Court on Sat night. The Chesterfield has The Leopard Lounge which can be "entertaining" late night. Across the bridge is downtown WPB and City Place, both of which have a few decent places to hit (which are easy enough to find). You will also be walking distance to Worth Ave and the hotel shuttle will take you downtown and City Place. If you are flying into PBI it is a better option as well.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

If you have a car, Singer Island would be better for your hotel price range. Beach is great for hanging out durning the day(unfortunately-the strip mall on Singer island w/ little shops etc...is being shut down in mid-April for a revamp). It will be great once done in 12 months. On the flip side, if you swing up to PGA blvd, about a mile North of Singer Island, there is tons to do on PGA Blvd. Try the club mentioned in first post. Also the Yard house is packed at night with 20-30ies in Downtown at the Gardens. I would also check out Water Way Cafe on PGA for food and live music early evening. If you do stay on Palm Beach, the possitives is that right over the bridge is West palm Beach downtown Clematis(there are several night clubs and bars down there), as well as City Place directly west of that. The hotels themselves on Palm Beach are nice, just not catered to a younger lively crowd. You will have a good time regardless of which you choose to do. Memorial day weekend is packed anywhere you go.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

Just to get a bit more specific, if you find yourself in downtown West Palm Beach on Clematis Street, you might want to check out ER Bradley's which overlooks the water, or further up the block, Dr. Feelgood's is a new club that's really taking off in popularity. As mentioned above, there are several bars/clubs along Clematis, all with a different vibe.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

Correct. ER Bradley's may appear as a restuarant during the day/early evening, but after 9-10ish, it turns more into a club. Great place to start your evening. Lots happening there if you want to Party. I did also forget to mention Cucina Dell'Arte which is actually across the bridge just North of Bradley's in Palm Beach. There is a young crowd that hangs out there as well, just a little more upscale. If you do get decide on Clematis street, just make sure you guys have a designated driver or cab service. Memorial day weekend--cops will be everywhere.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

Coincidentally, I'm finding myself in a very similar situation, except that we will be in Florida one week later.

Thank you to everyone who's posted so far - is it the case that if we're oceanside, it will be 20 miles to the district you mention? We found a good rate at Palm Beach Shores Resort, which looks great,but I was frightened by the mention of Little Buddies Activities Coordinator on staff! That is SO not the scene we're looking for. Do people think we should push on to Miami Beach given our hopes of partying? Other concern is the bride-to-be is very much "jeans and T-shirt" and may hate SoBe. Is Palm Beach more laid back? And should we get a car?

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

"Do people think we should push on to Miami Beach given our hopes of partying? Other concern is the bride-to-be is very much "jeans and T-shirt" and may hate SoBe. Is Palm Beach more laid back? And should we get a car?"

IMO, if you are looking for a concentration of people in to 20 - 30 age group who want a place which offers more venues for adults - yes, go to SoBe. The atmosphere there is more party oriented. Having said that, if you want a place that has areas to which you can do the above, but return to your hotel to relax at the beach with the likelihood of children around, stay with West Palm. Check out hotels on the island of Palm Beach, they may have better rates that time of year and more adults. If you are talking about Palm Beach Shores Resort on Singer Island, both it and hotels on the island of Palm Beach are approximately 10 - 15 minutes drive time from PGA Blvd, Clematis Street, and City Place. Palm Beach and SoBe are both laid back, but it may be easier to get into clubs on Clematis dressed more casually than those on SoBe. Having a car would make it much easier for you to get around if you come to Palm Beach; for SoBe, not really necessary.

westpalmbeach
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

everything that has been mention is a great idea. I suggest that u stay off of pga blvd and rent a car. All the places that are mention are like 10-15 mins from here. The beach, shoping, resturants, nightlife, its all here. Also snice it will be memorial weekend u could go out to peanut island.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

We are also planning a Bachelorette Party in Florida but from Toronto, Canada.

We are staying at a friends place in West Palm Beach (I believe on the Island) and were thinking of renting a Limo to drive us down to Miami for 1 night.

Is that a ridiculous request? I google'd the addresses and it is about 1 hr and a half drive there (like driving from Toronto to Niagara Falls for us) Is it really worth it for the Party Scene or can we find similar in WPB?

Thanks from Canada!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: West Palm Beach Bachelorette Party -- HELP!

Miami is a wilder scene. If you really want to night club it for the party, yes, it may be a better location. It just depends how clubby you want to get. There is plenty to do in Palm Beach, but the more "posh" clubs are in South Beach. Keep in mind though Washington street on South Beach really gets going at 11:00 pm through morning. You may want to crash at a hotel there for one evening if you decide to go that route, unless the driver will wait throughout the night.

Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach