We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

Windy City
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

Planning to spend 5 days at the Resort in May. Looking for a few good spots to eat close by. Looking for quality restaurants that are unique to area or Florida. We prefer more upscale & active restaurants than your typical romantic/subdued 5 star.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
840 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

There is a great restaurant at the Resort itself. On Singer Island itself, check out the Sailfish Marina. Nice place to have sun-set cocktails then dinner right at the marina on the west side of the island. If you head north on A1A about a mile to mile and 1/2, you will run into PGA blvd. There are tons of great eateries in this area. I recommend for food and style The River House. It has excellent seafood, and a great atmosphere. Additional eateries up in North Palm Beach that are very close that I recommend are Carmines and Jetty's...exceptional! Someone who lives more up in North Palm Beach may be able to give you more specifics. The ones I listed are ones that I frequent coming from downtown West Palm Beach because they are good. If you do have transportation to south of Singer Island into downtown WPB, I recommend checking out Clematis Street. There are several bars and eateries on this avenue. I would go to Spoto's for Seafood, Raco's Taco's and Tequila Bar just because it's good=), Cabana's for latin, Forte' for Tuscan, and Leila for Mediteranian. All listed can be googled for menu's and have great food. I am serious when it comes to food=). You have many options in Palm Beach as well. Personally I would recommend Chez Jean Pierre's, Taboo, Palm Beach Grill, Ecco, or McCarty's for a variety on the island of Palm Beach itself. Lastly, swing into City Place if you get the chance. It is an entertainment complex not far from Clematis street that has tons of shopping and eateries. Have a good trip.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

We just got back from there ourselves: it is a great resort and their restaurant, Solu is very good as well. Read this part very carefully: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CAR! There is nothing to walk to. My brother lives down there so we had the luxury of having a tour guide. Otherwise, I would have been bored to tears!

River House is a bit of an older crowd but the food was very good, if you like sushi and asian Echo on Palm Beach Island was fantastic! We went to the Sailfish Marina Place it was okay for a drink but nothing out of this world and the food was above average bar food. There was an outdoor place we went to for a drink in Jupiter I believe called either Calypso's or Grouper. Outside, on the water, great place to go for drinks! Downtown West Palm Beach, manage your expectations, not much nightlife but we did eat at a latin place Cabana I believe (it is near the fountains) food was very good and it was a fun place, I would definitely recommend it. One other place which was fantastic but very loud, very busy, very crowded and very good - Capt Charlies Reef Grill. Great fish. And I almost forgot...Sushi Jo, if you like sushi this place was great!

Those were the highlights, you will like the Resort but you won't think much of the island.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

Agree with the above poster - go to Sailfish Marina for the ambience, not the food. There is a new Italian restaurant that has opened down in the Northwood area called El Centro - the food is fabulous and it is packed almost every night. Up toward the Jupiter area, Reef Grille and Jetty's are two excellent restaurants. Ecco on Palm Beach is a good suggestion. There is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in North Palm Beach on US 1 just south of Lighthouse Drive - considered one of the best dining experiences in the county. At Downtown at the Gardens (west on PGA Blvd) RA Sushi is very good.

Windy City
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

Thanks much to all.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
840 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

A car will be a great investment. Things are too spread out down here. Have a good trip.

Stamford, Ct
Level Contributor
755 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

Just came back from Singer Island. I would recommend Max and Eddy's - an Italian restaurant not far from resort. Doesn't look like much from the outside but food is very good. You definitely need a car and stay away from Rte 1 going south through Rivera Beach. Not a great neighborhood. A fellow tripadvisor member recommended getting off PGA Blvd off I-95 and going to resort that way instead of Blue Heron Blvd. Its a few minutes longer, but its a nicer ride.

7. Re: Nice Restaurants Near Resort @ Singer Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 23:16