We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
connecticut
6 posts
Save Topic
Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

I am going to be renting a private villa in West Palm beach which has a pool, but is not right on the water. I plan on going to the beach a lot and am wondering which beach is recommended? Also would renting a car be recommended to visit places like Palm beach and City place? How is parking (will not be there on weekend)? Thank you for the advice!

Palm Beach
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

What area is the villa located? Actually, nevermind, if you plan on going to the beach a lot you will need a car. If you are planning on doing anything, you will need a car.

As for which beach, depends which area you are staying (often people say they are staying in West Palm and it is actually further away.)

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

You will need a car if you want to venture out and see the sights. Everything, no matter where you are staying, is spread out down here.

connecticut
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

Thanks for the car rental advice. Sounds like a necessity. I'll be staying just south of Southern Blvd and just east of Rt 1. I have heard that Juno beach is nice to visit. Where is that located?

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

Juno Beach is about a 30 minute drive from where you are staying (north). There are actually some beaches that are just as nice closer to you, such as those on Palm Beach. Phipps Park and the Midtown Beach can be reached by going over the Southern Blvd bridge onto the island. You can also go south the Lake Worth or Lantana Beaches.

connecticut
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

Thank you for the all the recommendations! Can't wait to go.

6. Re: Should I rent a car in West Palm beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 23:19