We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you recommend staying at the PGA Resort?

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Would you recommend staying at the PGA Resort?

My friends and I (in our early 20s) are looking into spending a few days in Florida, and we read about the PGA resort. Our ideal vacation is to spend time chilling on the beach, explore watersports, enjoy some great restaurants and shopping. My questions are:

1. Will you recommend West Palm Beach?

2. If so, is the PGA resort a good option?

3. What beaches are accessible from the resort and how easy is it to get there?

Much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you recommend staying at the PGA Resort?

First, the Resort at PGA National is great if you like to play golf all day or tennis. It is a bit of a drive from local beaches.

West Palm Beach is a great area to visit, there is nightlife, shopping, and great restaurants. If you are looking to stay here, I'd recommend looking at Jupiter Beach Resort, the Resort on Singer Island, the Hilton on Singer Island, or you could check to see if any hotels on the island of Palm Beach fit your budget.

Having said all that, if I were in my early 20's wanting to go to Florida, chill on the beach, enjoy great restaurants and shopping, I'd probably look into South Beach. It just has everything you've described within an area that is compact and easy to navigate. But, that my opinion!

Mentioned in this post
PGA National Resort & Spa
PGA National Resort & Spa
1,557 Reviews
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Jupiter Beach Resort & Spa
Jupiter Beach Resort...
944 Reviews
Jupiter, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
South Beach
South Beach
17,263 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you recommend staying at the PGA Resort?

For a more compact area with all things mentioned above, another area to check would be Ft. Lauderdale Beach area. As for West Palm Beach, I would check above mentiond hotels on Singer Island. If stay in West Palm beach(or Singerr Island area) you should check out Clematis Street and City Place while here. If you decide to stay in the West Palm area, depending on where you choose, I could give you more detailed ideas=).

Mentioned in this post
Clematis Street
Clematis Street
683 Reviews
West Palm Beach, FL
3. Re: Would you recommend staying at the PGA Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 12:26
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations