We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singer Island in Three Weeks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Singer Island in Three Weeks!

Hey Everyone!

I am planning to travel to Singer Island with one of my friends during the week of the 20th (We are both in college). We are planning to stay at the Resort at Singer Island...nothing is booked yet because I still have a few concerns.

First, taxis? Since we are both under 21, it costs a ridiculous amount to rent a car. How much to taxis usually run?

Second, can anyone recommend good dance clubs in the area that we would be able to get into.

Also, I am concerned about this current hurricane that is heading toward Florida. Any suggestions from previous hurricane experiences?

Thanks! :)

MO
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Singer Island in Three Weeks!

Trez, I myself will be down there in at the end of this month. I am renting a car,I should say SUV, through priceline. Anyway, I had seen that cityplace and the "street" that starts with a "C" are pretty good places to go. It looks like Club Safari and Bonds might be good bets BUT I am 40 and am NOT a big fan of rap. Maybe someone else can help BOTh of us out. Have a GREAT time and I hope the weather for both of us is GREAT!

Newark, De
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Singer Island in Three Weeks!

Guys, I'm coming down in August and based on all the research I've done, I'm looking at ER Bradleys on Clematis Street. I'm not sure about the under 21 crowd. We are in our forties.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Singer Island in Three Weeks!

First, I'll put your mind at ease about the current weather. Although it is the rainy season, and I won't lie about thunder storms popping up, Hurricane Bertha seems to already have fizzled out, and it really wasn't heading for Florida, but turning north. The weather is, however, unpredictable.

Clematis Street is a good place for clubs. Dr. Feelgood's is a current hot spot. Club Safari is located further north in Palm Beach Gardens (which is actually a bit closer to Singer Island) but I think there is an over 21 policy. Not sure about the age restrictions in the downtown area clubs, but the drinking age is adhered to. I, too, am in the "older" crowd. :-)

Taxi rates have been going up, so it depends how often you'll be travelling back and forth. If I remember correctly, it's $2.50 just to open the door (for the Yellow Cab Company), and the meter goes up quickly. There are some companies that give flat rates that may be cheaper -- perhaps the hotel could help you out there.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singer Island in Three Weeks!

I believe it will be cheaper for you to get a rent a car. Things are fairly spread out down here, so a taxi is costly. I recommend that you guys head over to the sailfish Marinia and catch a wter taxi to peanut island....party party party. This is a day thing, but tons of people your age and it is usually hopping. You should bring your own beverages over as there is not a store on Peanut island. There is a house boat restaurant that you can swim up too.... As for in the evening, you will be able to find some clubs down on Clematis street, however I am uncertain of 21 restrictions? E.R. Bradleys is a popular bar to hang in, but I know it is 21 and up. Close to Clematis is also City Place. It is a huge entertainment complex....with the flexibility of having a car, it will be easier to hop around to all of these places. I am sorry, I wish I could help more on the under 21 places......do take my recommendation on peanut island. You guys will have a great time! Also, in case of rain, there is a great mall just North of where you are staying...The Gardens Mall on PGA blvd. Have fun.

5. Re: Singer Island in Three Weeks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations