We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

Bethesda, MD
2 posts
Save Topic
help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

I am from Maryland and Jupiter Beach Resort (where I am getting married) has given me some recommendations for restaurants for having a rehearsal dinner for about 25 people to include: the Waterway Cafe, Vic and Angelos, Austin's Grill, Crab House.. Other people have suggested Yard House, Panama Hattie's and a new restaurant Nick and Johnnies. I wanted some honest feedback. We are looking for a relaxed type of atmosphere, (nothing stuffy- nothing requiring a certain dress code), cost is important, we would like to keep it to 30pp for food at a maximum, would love something on the water/dockside. Most important, the food must be good - need not be of Ruth Chris or The Palm quality, but nothing like Friday's or Olive Garden. Our guests all are renting cars and will be staying at various locations, but it appears that PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens area is convenient for most.

We have seen the menus of Crab House, Waterway Cafe, and Vic and Angelos - they seem to offer a variety of foods and maybe are quality, but we keep reading mixed reviews that are outdated...

Please, any local advice will be sooooooooooooo appreciated... it is one of the last things we have to do!!!

thank you in advance.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

If you want relaxed and laid back I would choose the Waterway since it is on the intracoastal, and has a reasonable menu. You also have the option of Panama Hatties on the East side of the intracoastal, which has the large Cruzan Rum Tiki Bar attached to it. The others that you mentioned are good, but if price is a factor, I would look into the 2 I have mentioned, + it gives you that laid back Florida feel. It will put you right in the mood for a wedding on or near the beach the day following. That is my opinion. Somone who lives maybe closer up that way can give you more detailed options? I am confident the 2 choices I recommended are good though, and are probably used to doing rehersal dinners....no worries.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

I agreewith The Rum Bar ( at Panama Hattie's)- it is an outside Tikki style with sand, on the Intracoastal and a great crew - lots of umbrellas and seating and a very "beachy" feel - my son spent last winter in Tortola working and when he visted us we took him to the Rum Bar and he loved it! He said it reminded him of the places he went in Tortola.....

west palm beach, FL
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

I would also agree with Panama Hattie's for the Rum Bar and Intercoastal.

The atmosphere at the Waterway Cafe is nice, but the food is just so BLAH. Just ate there last weekend. At least across the way at Panama Hattie's your guests will love the beachy Rum Bar.

Bethesda, MD
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

thank you for the advice. We are going to go with Panama Hattie's. It sounds like the view and food taken together will provide for a better time.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

Let us know what you think - hope you all have a great time!

6. Re: help with rehearsal dinner palm beach gardens area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations