We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Advice - 1st week in Nov - landing PBI

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
va
Level Contributor
119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Advice - 1st week in Nov - landing PBI

We're staying on Palm Beach Shores, landing at Palm Beach International.. Wondering, is it worth the effort ($ savings) to rent the car 'off the airport'>

We want a convertible.

Is the savings worth the hassle? If so, recommendations for a specific company?

thanks so much for your time to respond

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Advice - 1st week in Nov - landing PBI

Bid on a car.............it's the best way.

I've used Priceline several times and start my daily bids at $18 and usually win a car through National at that price. Convertables sound like fun, but in actuality you will need the air conditioning and they are not the safest cars to keep on the beach.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Advice - 1st week in Nov - landing PBI

All the car rentals are actually off Airport grounds right across teh street. I would do a search through www.kayak.com or priceline and see who has the best offer. The rental experinece at PBI is very easy.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Advice - 1st week in Nov - landing PBI

By the way - the high here today is around 80, the lows this week will be in the low 50's gradually increasing over the next week - perfect for a convertible!!!

4. Re: Car Rental Advice - 1st week in Nov - landing PBI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 06:19