We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to West Palm Beach

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to West Palm Beach

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone could recommend carriers to WPB from either Ireland or UK airports.May possibly be going in October 2009.

Thanx in advance

Gerry

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to West Palm Beach

West Palm Beach is a relatively small airport and there aren't any non-stop flights there from Dublin. You can fly with Delta and change at Atlanta; or fly US Airways and change at Philadelphia; or fly Continental and change at Newark.

Are you flying economy or business class? If economy, I'd favour Delta via Atlanta. Their Boeing 767 planes on the long transatlantic leg have a 2-3-2 seat configuration. US Airways and Continental both use Boeing 757s so have a 2-2 configuration. I'm not a fan of narrow bodied, single aisle planes on long flights.

You'll find much more choice of flights (and possibly more competitie prices) if you fly into the bigger international airports - Orlando or Miami. You'll still have to change planes somewhere but there are more options. Both are an easy drive to West Palm.

Good luck.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
800 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to West Palm Beach

The good thing about West Palm Beach is that there are several airports in the area that you have options to fly into. I am pretty certain you can not get direct from Dublin into PBI. You can try connecting through Atlanta, or New York first, then coming into PBI. An option that would get you in the area would be flying directly into MIA (Miami) airport, then getting a ride to West Palm Beach.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to West Palm Beach

Just re-read my reply above. Sorry there's an important typo: the US AIrways and Continental 757s are 3-3 seating not 2-2 seating. Hope I didn't mislead you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to West Palm Beach

Thanx for replies so far.I do understand that I most likely can't get a direct flight to WPB.Any thoughts on which carrier would have the best price ?

Thanx again

Gerry

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to West Palm Beach

Sorry but you'll have to do your own homework on prices. They vary so much and exchange rates are so unknown these days that it's just impossible to say who'll be giving the best for your dates & needs.

I'd expect all of their prices to be with say £50 of each other so try them all and look for convenience and connection times as well as cost. A site like Kayak.com (not sure of they have an Irish site) will help with comparisons.

Good luck.

6. Re: Flights to West Palm Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach