We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz palm beach/restaurant suggestions

USA
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Ritz palm beach/restaurant suggestions

We are staying at the Ritz palm beach in Palm beach over labor day. I have heard that you cant sit on the beach bc it so small. Is this true? Iam a beachlover and love the beach will I be dissapointed?

Also I need recommendations for restaurants,preferrable oceanside. We will have a car so we can drive ..do not like sushi..Thanks for your help

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
817 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz palm beach/restaurant suggestions

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of town. Yes, there is a good amount of erosion unfortunately in that area. That does not discount the fact that the beach is beautiful, and regardless of beach sitting space, you can still walk it at low tides. Also, the Ritz pool side is right there. Easy to take it all in from the deck. There are also beaches north and south of there which are wider in which you could sit. Since you have a car, it is always fun to beach hop. As you drive north or south along A1A you will see several signs for public beachs. If you head south, Delray Beach is great(about 20 minutes south via A1A). You could hang down there, and then across the street is Mara Lun, or Bostons on the beach. Nice for a cocktail and lunch/dinner. Also, right over the bridge from the Ritz is a local hang out, The Olk Key Lime House. They have live music everyday, decent food, and very flip flop laid back attitude. I would definitely check that out for sure. It is on the intracoastal waterway and beautiful views.

2. Re: Ritz palm beach/restaurant suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 05:16