We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport/Motel Shuttle

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport/Motel Shuttle

We'll be flying into WPB airport in October. Would like to stay overnight then begin our trip by rental car the next morning. Would someone recommend a motel near the airport which provides free shuttle service to and from the airport. We would need to be able to walk to a restaurant for dinner from the hotel. Most hotels these days provide breakfast. Thanks.

Dutchess County, NY
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport/Motel Shuttle

The Hilton has a shuttle that is very reliable and the hotel is clean and cheap, but you can't walk anywhere.

There is a Courtyard hotel a few blocks from the airport in a more commercial area, and they have a shuttle, but frankly I would not walk at night anywhere in this area. The airport is not exactly in a nice part of the city and the traffic/roads are not pedestrian friendly. Depending on where your ultimate destination is, I would probably rent the car that night and head north or south 10-20 miles or so to get to a nicer area (Gardens/Jupiter to the north or Boca/Delray to the south.)

Another alternative is to go downtown WPB (the Marriott for example) which is near CityPlace in a pedestrian friendly area full of shops and restaurants. I do not know if they have a shuttle (I've never seen one from them) but I am sure if you call them they can tell you.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport/Motel Shuttle

I agree with the previous post about the airport hotels. A couple have some good eating options for dinner onsite if you want to go that way.

Downtown WPB is not far from the airport, and, besides the Marriott, there is a new downtown Hyatt Place, also close to many restaurants in the area. It's getting good reviews and I had a look around during a function I attended...very nice.

Another idea for a one night stay is the Hibiscus House B&B on Rosemary Avenue. Then you are absolutely walking distance to a bunch of restaurants, shops, entertainment, and, if you so desire, can really enjoy your one evening stay.

Of course, I'm not sure the downtown facilities have airport shuttles but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport/Motel Shuttle

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I was hoping to save money by not getting the rental car until the next morning...why pay for it sitting in the parking lot. But the twenty dollars or so isn't worth our safety. I will check the downtown options to see if they have shuttles. I should think they would. I'll also check to see about the restaurants in the nearby hotels. We won't be getting in too late, but will need to eat somewhere...since you don't get anything on the plane these days! :(

4. Re: Airport/Motel Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 07:29
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach