We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Airport

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Airport

We will be arriving at PBI around 7:30 Thursday night. We are staying at the Hampton Inn (Airport). Is there a restaurant near there that we can safely walk to for a light meal? If not, does the airport have a restaurant? There is a shuttle running to/from the hotel so that is not a problem. Thank you.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Airport

I would have the hotel call you a cab and head to City Place fot dinner.

www.cityplace.com

It is very close to the Hotel, and you will ge a little West Palm Beach flair as well. Otherwise there are 2 restuarants at the airpot. Once you exit the gate area there is Rooneys, and I forget the name of the other place. If you have to get luggage, you will need to go down one level to baggage, then come back up the escalator to the resuarants.

Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Airport

We have a little time on our way home and would like to explore the "downtown" area then. We'll probably be tired and just need a sandwich to tide us over till morning. Airport food will hopefully be sufficient. Thanks for your help.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Airport

Rooney's has good "Pub food" as in all airports it is a bit pricey. Salads, burgers, fish&chips etc. CityPlace has a bit of everything and is a good place to unwind before being closed in a hotel room.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Airport

Does PBI still have California Pizza Kitchen? I know they did at one time and I know they generally offer pizza , salads and panninis. It's been a while since I have flown out of PBI- but I think it's a great Airport.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Airport

The concourse I always fly out of has a Nick's Tomatoe Pie which is a good place to grab a small pizza, salad or sandwich to enjoy on the plane. Problem w/ it is you would have to go back thru security after claiming your bags. Main terminal has a Cinnabon's and Rooney's. Not sure what is still in the other Concourse but I guess the PBI website would list rest info.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Airport

Yes, CPK is still there....outside of Concourse C, which is also next to the restuarant Sam Sneads(I think that is the name). If you are coming out of Concourse B, you pass right by Rooneys.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Airport

California Pizza Kitchen is a place we enjoy in Palm Beach Gardens. Not sure if the airport location has a limited menu, Nick's does compared to it's full service restaurant in Jupiter. Still, we always enjoy anything we get at the California Pizza Kitchen. Wish PBI had more variety for Intl flights! Unfortunately for a lot of our travel we only have FLL and MIA to choose from. Actually we recently discovered Allegiant Air out of Sanford which has great domestic fares to lesser seved cities in the US. I forgot all about Sam Snead's, never tried it and never see many people there when I pass by on the way to security. Rooney's usually has the most people at that end.

Mars
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Airport

Now we have lots of choices. Will wait till we arrive to see what kind of mood we're in. Thanks for all your help.

9. Re: Restaurant near Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 05:18