We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know about beach construction near Palm Beach Shores?

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
Level Contributor
912 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know about beach construction near Palm Beach Shores?

We're supposed to check into this resort next week and today, the company we booked through notified us that there will be beach construction going on. No other information was provided. Does anyone know how extensive this project is? We're trying to figure out whether we should book somewhere else. We're staying at Palm Beach Shores Resort.

Thank you

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
805 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know about beach construction near Palm Beach Shores?

I am not certain about construction on the Beach, but there is a strip mall near the Resort that is getting a complete make over to be done before season. If you are in the resort and hanging out at the beach behind it, it shoudld in no way affect your stay. The resort is a great place with tons to do in the area. Yes the construction is an eye sore, but the resort is nice and you should still have a great time. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know about beach construction near Palm Beach Shores?

I was down there 2 wks ago. The only const we noticed was the strip mall which was in grave need of a teardown/reconstruct. It is about 1/4 mile away from the Resort. I agree it should not cause any problem. If you are really concerned I would call the Resort directly and be sure there is not reconstruction/remodeling at the Property itself. If not I would go with it.

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know about beach construction near Palm Beach Shores?

Your resort is fine. As the previous posters stated, there is construction at another close site. While you are in town, watch for the turtle hatchlings. Although nesting season is officially over, some late nests are still hatching. Enjoy - weathr is fantastic now.

4. Re: Anyone know about beach construction near Palm Beach Shores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach