We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WPB girls weekend

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
771 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
WPB girls weekend

Ten or so 35-40 year olds are going to be celbrating my friend's fight with breast cancer next weekend. We are staying at the Hilton Singer Island, which I understand not alot to do around there. Any suggestions? Clematis street? Is that within a cab ride distance? What clubs are better for a little older crowd? thanks so much for your help!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WPB girls weekend

There are some places closer to Singer Island (still a cab ride) in the North Palm Beach area, but I am not that familiar with them. I hope some of the experts who know that area will chime in (flapenny, mermaid ??? ) :-)

As for Clematis Street, it's certainly continuing to grow with all kinds of restaurants/clubs available within a few blocks where you can pick and choose.

I would also suggest CityPlace, a walk or free trolley ride from Clematis Street. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment for groups. On the weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) there is outdoor entertainment by the dancing fountains where you enjoy the music and people watching. Plenty of places to sit outside, after dinner, eating a nice pastry or gelato or ice cream, and taking it all in. People of all ages!

I wish your friend the best in her courageous fight.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
771 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WPB girls weekend

Thanks so much for your response!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WPB girls weekend

Coconuts restaurant at the SI Hilton and their patio bar have good food. Also just a walk down the beach we really enjoy the Tiki Restaurant at the Palm Beach Shores Resort. indoor and outdoor dining/bar. Great dolphin Caesar salad and cold beverages! For nightlife I would go over to the Sailfish Marina and catch a water taxi to downtown West Palm Beach. Take in Clematis and Cityplace and a taxi back to the Hilton. If you're in town on a Thursday night Clematis has a sort of "street party" with a live band. The Rum Bar at Panama Hattie's a short cab ride up near PGA/US 1 is a popular spot on the Intracoastal outside with firepits. Just across the street is Seasons 52 a good restaurant with live music in the upscale bar. If you like late night (we really don't) nearby Noche becomes a popular nightclub and would be only about 4 blocks west.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
771 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WPB girls weekend

Thanks for the great info! What time does the street party start on Thursday night? We will be there!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WPB girls weekend

I'm thinking about 6. You could go over to Sailfish Marina, have a drink there and hop on the water taxi to West Palm. Enjoy Clematis St and hop on the trolley for a good dinner at CityPlace. Blue Martini is worth a visit there as well.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
823 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WPB girls weekend

http://www.clematisbynight.net/

Above is the website to Clematis by night. You have rcvd very good info. Coconuts at your current hotel is fun, as well as the tiki at the Palm Beach Shores resort just down the way from you. I do recommend hitting Clematis and City Place one night. Also I recommend heading north up A1A from your hotel to the Panama Hatties Rum bar. Enjoy your vacation!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WPB girls weekend

I would ck w/ Coconuts and the PB Shores resort to see when/if they have live music during your stay. Sometimes they do around the pool/bar, not sure currently. For a weekend you should find plenty to do!

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WPB girls weekend

No need to go into WPB. Take your cab off island up PGA. Everything is within 15 minutes. We never "leave the zone" (2 miles)

Ask the desk or cabbie for:

Rum Bar Tiki (on water)

Square Grouper (5 oclock somewhere was filmed here (on water)

Noche's (night club)

Waterway (on water)

Seasons 52 (on water)

RA's (later eve)

Yardhouse

Carmine's Tratorria and/or market(food)

New York Bar and Grill (rocks till 4)

I am a 5 year BC surviver - best wishes to your friend. Have a great time!

9. Re: WPB girls weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach