We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay July 16th?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay July 16th?

Last minute trip to West Palm and I am very excited. I don't know which area to stay in? Is Singer Island the place to be, or Jupiter? We are in our late 20's and looking to relax on a GREAT beach after the business portion of the trip. We will be renting a car so traveling is not a problem. I would love some ideas on hotels to stay at, I am trying to stay under/at $150-$200 a night and I want the hotel ON the beach. Any night life nearby would be fun but not a must. I would appreciate any help as I dont' have much time to research West Palm Beach!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
840 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay July 16th?

Stay on Singer Island......you can go to Johnny Long Boats(love this place) or Sailfish Marina for fun. They are both on the island. I recommend on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon possibly taking a water taxi from Sailfish marina over to Peanut Island...ALWAYS a party going on over there. There is a prude and a crude side. A lot of 20/30 somethings come via boat or people take the water taxi and hang out on the island. Singer island is about 10 minutes north of downtown. I also recommend checking out City Place...possibly one evening. You can get a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants, then there are several bars and clubs there as well. In addition, around the corner from City Place is Clematis Street. There are several restaurants, bars and clubs there too. I am in my early 30ies and I hang out at all above mentioned places as do all of my local friends too=)! Have fun!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay July 16th?

Thanks for the help! That is what I was wanting to hear based on what I had read so far. I am going to take all your advice, maybe we will even see you there, LOL! Thanks again!

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay July 16th?

Also, if staying on Singer, the Rum Bar at Panama Hattie's is a huge place the younger crowd goes on the w/e. It is just off the island at PGA and Ellison Wilson.

4. Re: Where to stay July 16th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach