We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Hotel?

Central VA
Level Contributor
90 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Hotel?

I guess about 13 years ago or so, I stayed in the West Palm Beach area. I was put up at the Omni, and got a wonderful corner suite room. Since then, very few hotels or hospitality experiences have lived up to that trip, so since I am thinking of going back to that area this winter (or maybe next), I was trying to find that hotel.

But either I am totally off my rocker or the hotel is no longer there? I wondered if maybe I was staying in Boynton Beach area, but there is no Omni there either.

Anyone remember this Omni?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Hotel?

I googled Omni hotel West Palm Beach because I didn't remember one in the area. I came up with this description from a website that must be very old.

Omni West Palm Beach Hotel

A full-service hotel with 218 rooms, meeting and exhibit facilities, tennis, health club, pool, whirlpool and a lavish Sunday brunch, the Omni is just across the street from the Palm Beach International Airport-an ideal location for business or vacation-related travel. 1601 Belvedere Rd., West Palm Beach (800) 237-6923 / (561) 689-6400

I then googled the address, and it is now a Crowne Plaza.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/pbiia

So, no, you're NOT off your rocker! :-)

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
819 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Hotel?

I do not remember it? There is a new Hyatt right downtown that is very nice.....it si about 1 1/2 blocks from the intracoastal, over the bridge from the beach, near City Place, and downtown Clematis.

West Palm Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni Hotel?

Since you haven't had much luck, you might want to try one of the 2 upscale bed and breakfasts in West Palm Beach: Grandview Gardens B & B, which is more like a small boutique resort in a quiet historic neighborhood just a few blocks to the South of CityPlace (walking distance) or Palm Beach Hibiscus House B & B, which is directly at CityPlace and is therefore a little more lively. Both are quite upscale and very competitive on pricing in comparison to the large hotels.

4. Re: Omni Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 06:16