We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

PA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing

Where staying at the Marriott Ocean Pointe in July and looking to go deep sea fishing. Any suggestions?

Lexington, KY
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

What type of deep sea fishing are you looking for? Sail fish charter boat? Party drift boats? I have done some fishing with a guide (fly fishing for Spinner Sharks and Cobia) as well as a couple times on a drift boat. Had great experiences with both. Also familiar with an area that you can get a charter fishing trip. Let me know some details of what your looking for and how much your looking to spend and I might be of some help.

PA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

looking for an Open boat and close to where we're staying. Thanks

PA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

We ended up on the Blue Heron, which cost 35.00 fora 4 hr ocean adventure. Caught 2 yellow tail snapper and a sun burn. Outside of line getting tangled, the mates were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend this for a family.

PA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

We went out on the Blue Heron, and although my wife won the pool, one of the mates took an umarked fish and said it was his, and the captain allowed him to keep the money. Don't play the pool on the Blue Heron

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing

I would check out private charter boats that depart out of the sailfish marinia. If you want the true deep sea fishing experience, a private charter is worth it(however -of couse -more expensuive=) I live in downtwon WPB, and we use the Geno III. This may a bit south of what you are looking for, but we have never been skunked and we are always reminded of our Costa Rica fishing(AWESOME) as they are experts and really know where to find the fish. This charter leaves out of Lantana if you are interested.....it would be worth your travel and investment. BIG FISH!

6. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:23
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations