We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Dune Shores Resort

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sand Dune Shores Resort

Can anyone tell me what the place looks like? Is it clean, musty, outdated? How far from shopping, activities, etc. Do you need a car to get around?

Thanks....N

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sand Dune Shores Resort

It is cute, and clean. It does have an old Florida feel so do not expect granite counter tops, and tempurpedic beds etc...., but again let me mention that it is a comfortable place to stay. It is right on Singer Island which is in walking distance to several shops and restaurants. It is located directly on a beautiful beach. If you are interested in going downtown, you can take the water taxi from the Sailfish marina, and then take the trolley from Clematis street downtown to City Place. I recommend both places to for additional sights, shopping, and restaurants. All the above can be done w/o a car. If you are looking to venture out farther, I would recommend a car as South Florida is fairly spread out. Have fun.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sand Dune Shores Resort

One more question about the area. I have read several reviews that the area around there is sketchy. Can you tell me about that?

Thank...n

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
830 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sand Dune Shores Resort

Before you get to Singer island and head over the large bridge to it, yes there are a few bad neighborhoods. At most, you are just driving through them to get to I-95. They should not interrupt your vacation what so ever. There are bad areas in every little town, but it will not be where you are actually staying. Do not let that bother you. Singer island is wonderful! They even have a little Gator Market where you can buy everything you would need so would not ever have to even head over the bridge for any sort of groceries etc..Enjoy your visit.

4. Re: Sand Dune Shores Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations