We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's markets and local produce

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston suburbs
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's markets and local produce

We are staying in a condo on Singer's Island in April. I am looking for a local farmer's market or a great produce store or stand. We have visited Florida before, and I am always disappointed that the grocery stores seem no different from the Boston area. It must be possible to enjoy the local produce. Thanks for your help.

Sara

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's markets and local produce

You should get here in time for the Saturday Green market in Downtown, which runs through mid May

http://www.wpb.org/greenmarket/

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's markets and local produce

We go to Rorabecks on Military Trail. The green market's produce was much much higher IMO. Just take Blue Heron from Singer Island and go north when you get to Military Trail.

Rorabecks

7820 N Military Trl

There are a couple of other Rorabecks but this one would be closest to you. We go every weekend!

Also Rorabecks is open everyday!!

Edited: 14 April 2011, 21:53
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's markets and local produce

I hear there is a farmer's market in downtown WPB on the weekends, but I don't know that it's every weekend. Besides, I tend to skip those because I have found the holy grail of all vegetable stands: C&D on Lake worth Road (north side) just west of Congress. A bit of a drive for you, and there might be something else comparable that is nearer. But there you have it. I don't buy my vegetables from the grocery store any more.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,808 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's markets and local produce

We love the Greenmarket in downtown WPB. It has so much to offer. Not only fresh produce and fruit but artisan cheeses, lovely fresh flowers, cuban patries and lots more. It is a fun way to spend Sat morning. If only looking for produce though, just head out the North end of Singer Island. Turn Right (N) on US 1. Pass the Publix shopping Center about 3/4 of a mile is the "Peddler". A nice produce market with plenty of great veggies, herbs etc. It has been there for years and will have a great variety. If you go on the weekend there is usually a guy selling Key West Pink shrimp there which is always fresh and tasty.

Tequesta, Florida
Level Contributor
144 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's markets and local produce

There's a really nice farmers market on Sundays from 8-1 in Palm Beach Gardens (Burns Road)...its huge & closer to Singer Island than downtown West Palm.

6. Re: Farmer's markets and local produce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 03:19