We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

Which West Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

What is the best way to get from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Wellington? Train? then taxi? My mom lives in Wellington. I had a limo on my last visit and it is very expensive.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
811 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

The problem w/ the tri-rail is that once you get off at your exit in WPB, you will still need a taxi out to Wellington which is fairly far west so will cost $$$. I know the airports also have shuttles that will give you a ride home. I am not certain of the specifics on it, however several people I know have used them. The shuttles may contain several people going your direction and will drop each person off along the way. I would google some info on that as well and maybe you can find a cheap rate. It is cheaper than a limo service. Also, maybe a rent a car? You could rent one for 1 day and drive yourself, then drop it at a location in Wellington once you get there?

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

yea i think the best option might be tri rail then cab...dnt know how much a cab wud cost but the tri rail wud be about 5 bucks to get up to west palm from the airport

Florida
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

I would call around for a different car service. If I recall and I don't have the guys number but I took one from Boca to FLL and it was under 40.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,878 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

You can take tri rail to WPB "airport" stop and then the free bus to the airport PBI. From there go to arrivals and arrange the shared shuttle at the desk by baggage claim. A bit more of a hassle but saves $$.

5. Re: Ground Transportation from Ft.Lauderdale Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 04:16