We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and Cruzan question

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel and Cruzan question

We are looking to stay at a nice hotel in July for two nights. We will be going to WPB area for a concert at the Cruzan amphitheater. We would ideally take a taxi to the concert from our hotel so we can have a few drinks at the show.

Also we would like the hotel to be close to shopping and good restaurants and hopefully it will have a nice pool area as well.

Please help with any suggestions or ideas.

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

I would stay at a hotel in downtown, then take a taxi to and from the concert which is directly west of downtown.

One option is the Marriot located very close to City Place. City Place is an entertainment complex that will have all of your needs, and everything is in walking distance. You can also take the trolley or walk to Clematis street which is the main strip downtown. The beachj is also not far from this hotel either.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Mentioned in this post
Clematis Street
Clematis Street
683 Reviews
West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

I agree with the Marriott as an option. Another hotel in downtown WPB, also close to everything mentioned in the previous post, is the Hyatt Place. However, the pool area is very small, if that is an important feature you require.

…hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

Thank you so much for replying. I will likely book the Marriott or Hyatt. Also someone mentioned the Holiday Inn Express? However I trust your opinions.

NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

I should also ask what does a taxi normally run from the hotel to Cruzan Theatre? Are they easily accesible after the show is over?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

The Holiday Inn Express is just a bit closer to the Cruzan than downtown West Palm Beach, but there's really nothing in the area in terms of shopping, restaurants and such. I think you would enjoy being downtown, and you can walk to everything from either hotel (Marriott, Hyatt).

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're from NYC (based on your screen name), and that's where I'm originally from. :-) If that's the case, I have to say that taxis aren't cruising the streets as in NYC. You'll probably have to call one. Yellow Cab is the well known one, but there are less expensive options. Ask the hotel for suggestions and numbers. Of course, I could be wrong - there may be cabs at the Cruzan, I haven't been there in awhile. They're definitely around at the airport, and sometimes a driver will give you his card so you can call him back if needed.

Hope this helps a bit, and that others will chime in if with further or better information.

Mentioned in this post
NYChotelhelp
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

Thanks. I am actually not from NYC but have been there many times. I am actually from Newfoundland, the most easterly province in Canada.

Thanks a bunch for your help. Much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Arlington, MA
Level Contributor
40 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

Was wondeirng where you ended up staying and if you found reliable cab service? Hubby and I are planning a trip in a month, and can't quite get the lay of the land from Google Maps. We were hoping to actually stay closer to the beach to enjoy a day there, but not sure how far the beach is either to the Cruzan. Would love to hear your experience!

Thanks!

West Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for West Palm Beach
Level Contributor
869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

All of the above mentioned hotels are right over the bridge from Palm Beach Public Beach. The Marriot and Hyatt probably both offer a shuttle to and from the beach. Both are in the mix of lots to do by foot in the dpwntown area. Enjoy your stay.

Mentioned in this post
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

The Curzan is aproximately 12 miles west

I would guess a cab would be around $ 35

After show , your in the middle of nowhere

not a city setting with cabs a cruising

10. Re: Hotel and Cruzan question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about West Palm Beach
Recent Conversations