We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honest opinions about WPB!

Pittsburgh...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Honest opinions about WPB!

Hey all!

My partner and I are considering a weekend trip away to WPB this September and I was just looking for some opinions. My time in Florida has been mostly centered around the Western coast/Central area so I'm not really sure what the East coast is like. We're looking for more of a casual, if not quiet trip (Thursday - Monday morning). We aren't traveling to WPB for nightlife or anything like that because we can always do that at home. We're looking to hit the beach for a bit, maybe some outdoor and water adventures things, and then just some casual sightseeing at our leisure. Would you all recommend WPB? I'm an employee at Hyatt, so I'm not necessarily worried about where the best place is to stay, being that I'll be taking advantage of my discounted room rates at the Hyatt Place downtown.

Any feedback is welcome! Thanks all!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honest opinions about WPB!

You'll be in the heart of downtown WPB with great restaurants and shopping (CityPlace).

Also, on Flagler Drive (you can walk there), you'll have the Intracoastal water. I know there are water activities but am not that familiar with them (even though I live downtown) so I hope someone can chime in with more details.

However, there is no beach in West Palm Beach. You will have to cross over to the island of Palm Beach or, even better, to Singer Island.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honest opinions about WPB!

I think WPB is a good option for what you're looking for. That Hyatt Place is nice and has a good location. You can actually walk to the public beach in Palm Beach from there. If you have mask & snorkel, there is a decent reef 25 feet off the beach behind the almost adjacent Breakers Hotel. Downtown on the aforementioned Flagler Drive (at Clematis Street) they rent waverunners and other stuff I'm not sure of. There are plenty of good people watching opportunities in the area and a trolley system to get you around downtown. If you drive up to Singer Island, I would suggest a trip to MacArthur State Park. Great boardwalk to the beach (which also has a reef just off the beach), not too busy and they rent kayaks to paddle around the lagoon.

3. Re: Honest opinions about WPB!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:15