We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

Which Weston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

Hi, we have a week at Weston and are looking for ideas for things to do.

Best Everglades tour..

Best beach

Best shopping mal

Best area for restaurants

If anyone could help, we'd be more than happy!

5 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,933 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

I think you will get quicker answers on the Miami forum. Weston is just a suburb in the Miami area. Mostly known for golf & tennis according to google. Look at Miami And Ft. Lauderdale forums for things in the area. You will have quite a drive to the beach I believe as its on the west side of the city. Better check on Sunpass for Miami's cashless tolls. don't use Dollar rental cars either from what I understand they charge a lot for Sunpass.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

Weston isn't near the beach. One of the resorts out there says it is 45 minutes to South Beach on their web site. I'm thinking 30 to one of the Broward County Beaches. It is mostly a golf and tennis area and is very close to the Everglades.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,557 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

What's your definition of an Everglades tour ? If it's an airboat ride you're after there are two to choose from off of highway 27. The better known one will be to the south at Everglades Holiday Park.

We prefer Dania Beach, Sawgrass Mills or West Field Broward Mall.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 12:52
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,557 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

Head East toward the beach, exit at University great restaurants in the Falls, just north of University. Also some good spots south of University. Use I595 to get there. I hope you have a car.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 12:55
Weston, FL
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
582 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?

Hi Gemma.

I mentioned a lot of things to do in another post so take a look at this

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34733-i1711-k7482…

Now, to answer your questions:

Best everglades tour. I like Holiday Park about 8 min. away from Weston, but there are quite a few of them. I've only been on one other (Billie Swamp), and didn't think it was as entertaining.

http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/

http://www.billieswamp.com/

Best beach. You'll have to drive to get to these. As previous posters mention, there's nothing but everglades and golfing in Weston. Fort Lauderdale beach is about 30 min. away. South Beach in Miami about 40-45 min., also Hollywood Beach because it has a very long and wide boardwalk loaded with shops and restaurants as well as bike rentals, among other things. That's about 25-35 min. away. But in my opinion, the prettiest beaches are in Naples which is about a 90 min drive across the Everglades. Either choice, you'll need a car and will need a SunPass for the tolls.

Best shopping mall is, without a doubt, the Sawgrass Mills Mall, which is less than 10 min. away from Weston. It's enormous. I think it's rated the 2nd largest mall in our country. That said, be prepared to walk a lot and most likely be there all day.

Best restaurants. Well, we do have some fantastic places to eat all around. Fort Lauderdale has great food and so does Miami. If you're aiming to stay in the Weston area, then I can recommend:

Bellini's - Italian

Ireland's Steakhouse

PrimeTime - good all American food

BoneFish Grille - good seafood

Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza

and The Cheesecourse for some really good sandwiches, salads and cheese and wines

Enjoy your stay!

Reply to: Weston and surrounding area, thing to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Weston