We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

Atlanta
1 post
Save Topic
Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

I live in Atlanta, and I go to Lake Blue Ridge every weekend with friends for fishing and watersports, etc. It's the best lake I have ever been to. I have heard a rumor that the TVA is not allowing the lake to be allowed to fill this summer? I have tried to contact the TVA, but have received no response.

Does anyone know if we are going to be able to ski, wakeboard this summer? Or is the lake going to be left super low?

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

In 2008 it was full by Memorial Day. This year has been pretty wet-so mother nature is cooporating. As far as the TVA you may have heard about the work that they were going to do on the dam in which they would not have refilled the lake. HOWEVER, I think they have put that off because of the drought. Try calling the Fannin County Chamber of Commerce at 800-899-6867. They are extremely helpful and can get you the correct info.

Isn't lake Blue Ridge absolutely stunning! The July 4th fireworks over the lake are not to be missed from the marina.

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

We are still getting more than enough rain up here. It looks like almost all of Georgia except for the far north east, is out of the drought. Heck, I even hear the AJC has stopped the gloom and doom on the water situation down in Atlanta.

Blue Ridge, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

The lake is only down about 5 or 6 feet right now. TVA's goal is to have it at full pool by June 1. With all the rain we've been having, it could have been full already, but is being pulling for power generation etcetera. The draw down, scheduled for 2010 is not a sure thing at this moment. TVA is always reluctant to give out any information about anything. The lake will be full. Gas will be much less expensive than last year. Gonna be a good summer.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

at this rate easily YES

Blue Ridge, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

BLUE RIDGE LAKE BRLG1 1691 1686 1685.24 0.51

The full pool level is 1686. This morning, the level is 1685.24. The lake is "full"

ATLANTA, GA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

woo hoo! We are going to Blue Ridge this weekend and I think now we will visit the lake!

7. Re: Lake Blue Ridge to be full for summer 2009?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 07:30