We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabins

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cabins

Hi

We are looking for a rental cabin for 4/5 nights....We will be travelling from Nashville and then down to Hilton Head...my question is if we book a cabin near to blue ridge can we manage the drive to Hilton head in 1 day or should we look for somewhere a little closer to Atlanta...we really like the idea of a mountain cabin

hildek

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabins

I live in Ellijay, and I believe it took us about 6 hours to get to Beaufort, SC.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabins

6 hours sounds about right to me. trick will be to time your departure from the mountains so you avoid atlanta rush traffic in the mornings and evening. if you can get to atlanta about 11am you should be fine. enjoy your trip

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cabins

Thanks guys

Do you think we could decide on a cabin when we arrive (17th May) or should we look to book in advance.It is so difficult to choose with so many cabins in the area of blue ridge or ellijay

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabins

Absolutely make the reservation before you get here.

Blue Ridge
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cabins

Sorry just saw your post been out of town, if you visit www.blueridgemountains.com this is the website for the Georgia State Welcome Center for the area of Blue Ridge. On this site you will find a Where to Stay link this is an excellent search engine for you to find a place to stay here in our area. If you have any questions you may call also at 1-800-899-6867 and they would be glad to help you.

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cabins

Thanks

We have now booked a cabin with........ cabin rentals of Georgia called

Majestic lake...we hope we have made a good decision and we will have a great time for the 6 days we are there.

Thanks for your help and any tips on where to visit would be good...at the moment we only have the scenic railroad trip planned.

Derek

7. Re: cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 07:27