We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin for Christmas 2011

Waynesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin for Christmas 2011

I know that this is a long time off but it will be here before we know it.....I am looking for about a four to five bedroom cabin to stay in during Christmas....any suggestions. Maybe by a fishing source or water....

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

Sounds interesting to me. I'll be watching this post.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

Not sure how the fishing will be in Dec, but take a look at Amicalola St. Park. It's close to Dahlonega and Ellijay.

Not sure how many bedrooms they have but maybe rent two cabins, they are all side by side.

Lots of hiking and maybe even some snow.

Kevin

Waynesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

Thanks Kevin,

I don't know why I said fishing....it is cold in December. We are just used to going in to the mtns. during the summer. Anyway, thanks again for the info. s

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
580 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

Check out this one.

http://www.vrbo.com/144196

I've never stayed here, but wanted to.

Chatsworth, Georgia
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

I don't have a specific cabin in mind but there are dozens of cabin rental companies located in the Ellijay, Blue Ridge, Blairsville area. I have rented numerous cabins over the years from various rental comanies and have never been disappointed. Honestly, most of the companies have so many cabins to offer, most of them would be able to fit your needs. Most have websites equipped tons of pictures and good search functions so you can specify things like # of Beds/baths, fire place, hot tub, near a river, views, etc.

The best approach would be to do a web search for something like "Ellijay Cabin Rentals" or "Blue Ridge Cabin Rentals". That will provide a ton of links to rental company web sites. Then, do a seach and look at pics until you find one you think you will like.

Here are a couple of companies that I have rented from in the past.

1 - Cuddle Up Cabin Rentals

2 - Wilderness View Cabin Rentals

Enjoy!

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

Sorry for the delay in responding. Believe it or not January is not too early to think about a cabin for Christmas. The bigger they are-the faster they book. Also, be aware that we had a major snow last Christmas. It's not that common-but it could happen. I would suggest driving 4 wheel drive and getting travel insurance....... just in case!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

Hey,

Try cabinsinblueridgega.com. We rented Big Sky Lodge and it is fantastic! There are several cabins (funny name they are about 3200 sq feet!) in this neighborhood type compound and they all look very nice. Big Sky has a gameroom and hot tub and lots of space!

Edited: 24 September 2011, 19:58
8. Re: Cabin for Christmas 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 08:18