We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware who you use for cabin rentals

Which Blue Ridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beware who you use for cabin rentals

Josh (6), Michael (12), Mom and Dad just got back from our vacation to the beautiful Georgia Blue Ridge Mountains and boy are we glad to be back. This vacation brings new perspective to the famous expression “Home Sweet Home”.

Our nightmare vacation began with a welcome committee of huge aggressive wasps all around the entrance to our cabin. One immediately went straight to sting Josh as he explored the staircase. A second welcome committee was anxiously awaiting our arrival inside the cabin. We spent the 2 hrs following our 2 day drive from Miami to Georgia – smacking wasps with brooms, mops and an almost empty can of wasp killer left at the doorstep by the cleaning crew (also known as the exterminators).

After back and forth pointless discussions, we were finally relocated and offered to decide the next day where we wanted to spend the remaining days. The second cabin was smaller but we did not mind – at least we were the only guests! When we called to inform our choice to the property manager she said she had forgotten it was rented and we needed to move back to the original one. She assured us the wasps and their nests were all taken care of by the exterminator. But when we arrived we saw this was not the case. The cleaning crew came back again to take care of more wasps and the exterminator was called once again. This was day 2 of our vacation nightmare.

At this point we just wanted to be moved back to the second cabin but the property manager was not able to and had no other option for us, so she showed up 2 days after (Day 4 of our vacation) with a bottle of wine, probably hoping we would forget everything once drunk. As an additional consolation prize the professional exterminator showed up (with just a 48 hrs turn around) to let us know that we had to understand that we are on the wasps turf and we just had to deal with it if we were vacationing in the mountains. (Obviously, if we had been warned of the wasp infestation by the property manager, we would have probably considered a staycation).

We must be fair to the beautiful scenic Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia and its friendly people. The Ocoee River Rapids is a beautiful place to spend leisure time, both on weekends and on week days (swimming is allowed).

The Helton Creek Falls are definitely worth the drive to anyone visiting the area. Swimming in the fresh spring VERY COLD water is a unique experience.

We loved the town gathering atmosphere at Horseshoe Creek where families spend time fishing, swimming, kayaking, singing and dancing.

Mercier Orchards offers a great variety of products and fruits from their own orchards. We loved their peaches.

The best food was at Pearly Gates, located in the Georgia-Tennessee state line. The service was amazing!

All in all, we love the scenery in the Georgia Mountains but recommend that you do your research well before laying out your credit card. We will definitely NEVER rent from Mountain Paws Cabin Rentals or their partner Enchanted Mountain Retreats again. Best wishes on your travels

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
1,122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

one post one complaint...same ole same o.....cmon lets keep it honest folkes

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,349 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

One post, one complaint - yes sounds like an overreaction, but it does sound like the management minimized a legitimate complaint.

It's sort of like saying I'm never going to rent from XYZ because I got a flat tire and it didn't get repaired in time and it ruined my vacation. I just wanted a different car, but they couldn't get me one.

Alpharetta
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

Why didn't you just ask for more spray. Wasps live everywhere. They eventually go away. Sounds like lots of drama after maybe an exhausting drive.

4. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2011, 19:07
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

I am reporting this as inappropriate only because you used these travelers' first and last names without their permission. I would expect you could re-post this response once you delete that personal information.

Blairsville, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

It was an unfortunate situation having a couple of wasps in the outside staircase; however it was not an infestation as the guest portrait. We understood they were tired and anxious after a long driving but we need to keep the story honest. Their first frustration began with their inability to follow the specific directions to the property and we have to stay in the phone with guest until he actually opened the front door of their vacation rental. The owners were vacationing for a week and other family after them; nobody reported any usual wasps’ activity. At 7:00PM Sunday, guest reported what he called “infestation” we took immediate action and sent 2 housekeepers because they were close to the property; the housekeepers reported that they were few wasps in the outside stairs and that they have some cans of spray to take care of those unwanted wasps; 30 mi later we were in the property to assess the situation, guests were tired, scared and out of control shouting and running around the cabin, to the point they didn’t want to talk they just wanted to be out of the property, the encounter last no more than 10 mi. We immediately took them to another comparable property; just few minutes in the driving they stopped and wanted to apologized for their unsettle condition and they expressed their gratitude for taking immediate action. They were clear and several times advised that the other property was a temporarily solution because we had a coming reservation; guests asked specifically if they could stayed in this other property for the rest of their reservation because it was more comfortable and “nicer” that the one they reserved in the first place, they also asked us to move the coming guests to their original property so they could stay in this temporary placement. Of course we couldn’t comply with guests’ petition, so they were really disappointed; of course their next step was to ask for the economic reimbursement for their vacation.

First thing Monday morning the professional pest control service arrived to the property and worked inside and outside. Tuesday we asked the gusts to move back to their vacation rental, we explained that the exterminator was already in the property and everything was safe and dandy for them to enjoy their property and the wonderful private fishing pond.

On Wednesday the property owners sent a second pest control service to ensure guests all was under control and no wasps were around, guests declined the service; we make a second trip with a wonderful huge bottle of the guests’ choice of wine as owner’s courtesy and kindness. I have to say that it was a real drama for the casual encounter of a couple wasps! Unfortunately these days everything is and can be used as an excuse to have a free vacation, what a shame.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

Just curious why it's totally OK for TripAdvisor to post the names of vacation rental providers when someone wants to trash a business online yet, when that same vacation rental provider includes the names of the guests, their post get's deleted.

Seems a little biased to me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

I can think of a host of reasons, but the first that pops into my mind is that when FantasticSix next takes a vacation and asks for trip advice, anyone scouring the internet can see when he'll be away and relieve him of his flat screens.

For what it's worth, travelers cannot post the names of the property's employees either.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 18:59
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

The value of flat screens pale in comparison to the potential economical harm done by libelous and defamatory postings by travelers seeking revenge on legitimate businesses trying to provide a valuable service.

This string is an absolute example of that point. You travel to the mountains and are so dismayed by the presence of wasps that you would classify your trip as a "nightmare vacation"??

I recently returned from a trip to the beach where we rented a vacation home. Was every single thing perfect? Of course not, it's somebody's home that many other folks before me had used.

Did I have a great time? Of course I did because before I made an educated decision to rent a privately owned home in a natural environment, I understood the potential things I might encounter. Sand in the house, very soft water, high humidity and heat when I wanted to sit on the porch and look at the ocean.

I have a serious problem with folks that come on here and give these adjective laden reviews about how horrible their experience was over trivial stuff like a handful of wasps. I suppose the hiking trails were too dirty and steep, and the waterfalls too wet and loud?

I honestly think that these questionable reviews create a disservice to the traveling public at large and Trip Advisor must find a better way to police fact from fiction.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware who you use for cabin rentals

I think that anyone who reads this can see that the original poster's opinions were an overreaction, and could have drawn that opinion regardless of whether he knew his full name and hometown. I doubt anybody except someone deathly allergic to wasps really takes this review that seriously.

Users have the opportunity to read the owner's rebuttal and to look online for other reviews or seek assurances from the owner before renting. There is no way that TA can vet each and every review to verify every fact, or to determine whether a matter of opinion is reasonable or not. What do you want them to do? Limit the number of adjectives and superlatives? Only publish positive reviews?

If TA filtered out reviews with which the owners disagreed, i e bad reviews, then it would be utterly useless. Users know to read these things in context; they know that people who only have one post don't have as much credibility; and they know that some people are impossible to please. On the other hand, they know that a string of similarly worded glowing reviews from first time posters were probably initiated by the owner.

Cabindad, by your own standards, shouldn't you disclose your own association with the property or relationship to the owner? You've only posted twice in 2 years, both times on this thread. Do you think TA should filter out your own comments because it seems that you have some personal interest in this matter?

Edited: 18 August 2011, 15:55
Get answers to your questions about Blue Ridge