We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

Grobbendonk, Belgium
Level Contributor
20 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

We like to hire a driver/guide to visit the LESS frequented minority villages around KenTung

for about 4 or 5 days - November 2014 -

Anyone had experience with this setup and eventual contacts ?

What price should we be looking at per day ( all included- but NOT our hotels) ?

Any help is much appreciated

6 replies to this topic
Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

If you would like to know Keng Tung full information. Please contact to Ko Sai Tun Leng for regional guide in Keng Tung. His email is ( sairoctor.htunleng@gmail.com ).

His face book account is :

https://www.facebook.com/roctor.leng?fref=ts

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

This is another regional guide:

https://www.facebook.com/yot.kham.5?fref=ts

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

We spent a great 2 days visiting minority villages within driving/hiking distance from Keng Tung in February 2014.

Our local guide, Sai Noom Seng (Matt), was knowledgeable, adaptable and enjoyable to be with.

If you would like his contact information, please send me a private message.

4. Re: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 17:38

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

hiring a vehicle with driver can be anything from 50,000-70,000 Kyat per day, depending how far from town you go (to visit 'less frequented' villages you need to go further away)...plus guide hire.

(eg. in Jan 2013 vehicle driver and guide to visit Loi villages closer to China border cost me 100,000 kyat)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
157 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages

I traveled to Keng Tung in November and hired Sai Leng for three days. He was wonderful! Ko Soesoe was very helpful in locating Sai Leng and offered much support in my planning of this trip. Definitely email Sai Leng at sairoctor.htunleng@gmail.com. He speaks the language of the villages, and very much respected. His english is excellent also. His father is a lovely man and will probably be your driver. I stayed one night in the Princess Hotel which I liked very much. But had to go to another hotel which was the San Yweat Guest House which was cheaper and decent and in a similar area of the town. Either places will be fine. Good luck!

Reply to: Hiring driver/guide to visit Minority Villages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Keng Tung