We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

My husband & I will be in Brunswick due to work conferences

sometime next year. I have been to and through Brunswick

many times but it's been awhile.

Please tell me some of those good local places for good

breakfast, BBQ, lunch and seafood.

Also, anyone know of an online site that shows a good map

of downtown Brunswick?

Thanks!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

the georgia pig and mack's both have excellent bbq. downtown the brunswick station is a dandy little cafe with rumored to be award winning brunswick stew. for seafood i believe i'd run out the causeway over to st simons island and visit barbara jeans for crab cakes.

Eatonton, Georgia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

Jinrights (or Jenrights) is a great little seafood place right next to Mac's BBQ on Hwy 17 in Brunswick. Great fried shrimp, grits and hushpuppies. They have fried shrimp lunch plates for $5.95....or oysters, scallops or fish. I go there for lunch on every visit!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

well that's news to me, thanks for the tip, we'll try it out next visit. i don;t think i've ever even seen it.

Eatonton, Georgia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

Jinrights has friendly waitresses and great big glasses of iced tea...sweet of course and endlessly filled!

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

Jenrights looks more Mom and Pop type, but the seafood is good and fair priced. When I visit relatives who live there, that is where we usually get together for seafood.

Brunswick, GA
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

I am a local of Brunswick and I have to say that good food is not hard to find if you know where to look. Downtown is your best bet for breakfast, Brunswick Station has fill-your-plate pancakes and many delicious choices. For good BBQ I would say Mack's for it's location. The best seafood in Brunswick is however, hands down, Crab Daddy's on St. Simons. Its well worth the drive. And you can't leave without trying the crabcakes and pumpkin bread at Barbara Jeans!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

I also am originally from Brunswick and I eat at Jinwrights every chance I get when I am at home. Just know it's all going to be fried and enjoy. The prices are reasonable too.

I would have previously recommended Mac's BBQ next door, but it's food quality has gone down since the original owner died. Someone else runs it now and it just isn't as good. I suggest Twin Oaks BBQ [2618 Norwich St, Brunswick, GA 31520, (912) 265-3131] which as been around for decades and still has curb service. Where do you see that outside of Sonic any more? It is not in a great area of town, but it is not hard to find and is just as good, if not better since the decline of Mac's. There is some back-story, I think Mac started there years ago and broke off or some such.

I also really enjoy going to Cargo Portside Grill in downtown Brunswick. It's probably the best upscale dining in Brunswick. It's right downtown in the business/banking/city hall district of Brunwick.

If you go over to St. Simons Island, you might try Dresners in the Village for lunch or a mexican restaurant in Redfern Village, near the airport on Fredrica road, who's name escapes me right now.

8. Re: Future visit, need restaurant suggestions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Brunswick
Recent Conversations
More Brunswick Topics