We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pets on the beach?

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
pets on the beach?

planning a trip to Brunswick area with my lab- can I take her to the beach ( any in the area?) thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Brunswick, Georgia
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pets on the beach?

St Simons Island between East Beach and Mallory Street (the village): Between Memorial Day and Labor Day dogs are not allowed on the beach between 9 AM and 6pm )other than service dogs of course) There is a little bit of beach above that restricted area, but not much.

Jekyll allowed leased dogs anytime.

Blue Ridge, GA
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pets on the beach?

We stay at Oceansides Inn and Suites on Jekyll Island and the whole beach is pet friendly as is the hotel for an extra ten bucks a night. The hotel is right ON the beach. Just before you take the bridge over to Jekyll there is a very nice dog park on the right hand side of the road. We also went to St Simonds with our dogs and the beach there is also pet friendly during the months the other person mentioned. After Memorial Day I think they are allowed early morning and late afternoon when its cooler out and there are not so many people on the beach. We own three boxers that go everywhere with us so we are real happy with the Brunswick area.

Reply to: pets on the beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brunswick
Recent Conversations
More Brunswick Topics