We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquarium visit

Burgaw
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Aquarium visit

We'll be visiting Buckhead in late April. We would like to visit the aquarium, probably on a Saturday and wondered if it would be easier to drive there or take MARTA. We're not familiar with Atlanta or the MARTA system. Thanks for any assistance

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquarium visit

Either is fairly easy, you can take Peachtree to Spring to Baker to get to the Aquarium, but you will have to pay to park. So it may be cheaper to take MARTA unless your group is large.

www.itsmarta.com

Burgaw
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquarium visit

Thanks for the reply. After visiting the MARTA website, it wasn't clear how to access from there or how many transfers.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquarium visit

It will be about $10 to park at or around the Aquarium, I always pay to park close instead of dealing with the hassle of MARTA. Go as early as you can in the day. When I went, there were so many people I couldn't see the exhibits.

Burgaw
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquarium visit

Thanks, that seems like a plan. I always like to go early to places like that.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquarium visit

Agreed. If you can't get there early (especially if it's a weekend) I would consider not going at all. Also, be sure to prioritize. In my opinion the strongest exhibits are Ocean Voyager and the reef exhibit, so I'd spend most of the early morning time in those. (The beluga tank is also great but doesn't get as crammed with people in the afternoon.) I would only make a quick run through River Scout and Georgia Explorer in order to save time for other exhibits before the crowd crunch.

Burgaw
Level Contributor
4 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aquarium visit

That's really good advice. I appreciate the specifics. I doubt that we'll get another opportunity to visit the aquarium and would like to maximize the time spent there.

7. Re: Aquarium visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Buckhead
Recent Conversations