We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckhead nightlife / hotel

Boston
13 posts
Buckhead nightlife / hotel

I am staying at the Mansion hotel May 3-5. Where should I go for some fun nightlife? I assume there is some great bars in walking distance?

3 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,478 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Buckhead nightlife / hotel

Buckhead is both a small town in Georgia, and a neighborhood in Atlanta. The Mansion is located in the Buckhead neighborhood, not the town. You might want to repost this in the Atlanta forum to get more responses. But, while you're here, I'll offer my input:

Buckhead is not really the nightlife mecca it was 15 years ago. It's not really hip or edgy, but still has a lot of bars. Near your hotel I suggest: Whiskey Blue at the W Hotel, the bar at the St. Regis Hotel, Dantanna's (sports bar), Bucket Shop (very casual sports bar), XO bar at the Intercontinental Hotel (good place to spot a reality "star"), Buckhead Bottle Bar, Cantina, Fado, East Andrews, Churchill Downs, Five Paces. The last 3 cater mostly to the just-out-of-college crowd. You can look all of these up on yelp.com to see what suits you. I haven't been to Buckhead Bottle Bar yet, and haven't been to most of the others in years.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
2. Re: Buckhead nightlife / hotel

Did you wind up going to Buckhead?

We have some guys going for the Phillies / Braves series in August and were looking for hotel / neighborhood recommendations.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Buckhead nightlife / hotel

I would recommend starting this as a new thread, considering the original post is almost a year old.

You will likely enjoy Downtown Decatur. Try Brickstore Pub, which has a great beer selection.

http://www.brickstorepub.com/home/

There is a Marta station nearby (public transportation).

Edited: 27 March 2012, 05:06
Reply to: Buckhead nightlife / hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buckhead