We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Georgia

Tecumseh, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Atlanta Georgia

I am coming to Atlanta to attend a Braves game. I have ready so much on peoples opnions of neighhoods that I am so confused on where to stay. I just want to be safe, near some nice restaurants and bars. Can you please give me an idea of the neighbour hood I should stay in and maybe some hotel names.

Right now there is a sale for a hotel near the downtown area (Regency Suites Hotel – Atlanta,975 W Peachtree St. ) , is the a good hotel and is the area ok or Sheraton Atlanta Downtown

165 Courtland At International Blvd, Atlanta, GA.

Thanks

Dawn

2 replies to this topic
Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,759 posts
126 reviews
1. Re: Atlanta Georgia

The Regency Suites is a better choice because there's more in its Midtown neighborhood and you're close to the Midtown MARTA station if you choose to take that to the game.

If you haven't already, look at " Attending a Braves Game at Turner Field - What Should I Know?" and " Should I stay in Downtown, Midtown, or Buckhead?" on the right the page.

BTW, you posted this in the Buckhead forum; you may get wider responses if you post in the Atlanta forum..

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,478 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Atlanta Georgia

For a safe neighborhood near some bars and restaurants, you're better off in midtown.

Also, I'd point out that this is posted in the forum for Buckhead, Georgia. While there is a neighborhood in Atlanta called Buckhead, this forum refers to a small city well outside of Atlanta that is also named Buckhead. If the Buckhead page is where you're looking for travel recommendations, it might explain why you're not getting much info,

Reply to: Atlanta Georgia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Buckhead