We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is

Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is the best month to visit?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,630 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is

Spring and fall are my favorite times to visit. We always just do a day trip over from either Amelia Island or St. Mary's. The only place to stay and it is pricey is the Greyfield Inn.

Mentioned in this post
Greyfield Inn
Greyfield Inn
265 Reviews
Cumberland Island, GA
Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
728 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is

We have stayed at the Greyfield Inn and it is wonderful, but as PeachBelle mentioned, it is expensive. Most people who stay on Cumberland Island, camp. The campsites are run by the National Park Service. There are private homes on Cumberland that you can rent. These rentals are by private individuals and there are references to them on previous posts. I don't know how reliable they are, so I can't recommend them. If you are a camper, you're in luck, if not I would stick with the Greyfield Inn.

Mentioned in this post
Greyfield Inn
Greyfield Inn
265 Reviews
Cumberland Island, GA
Jekyll Island...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is

We are RVers so we stayed at a wonderful, cozy campground on the mainland. We drove into town in Saint Mary's and hopped on the Ferry. The visitor's center where you board the ferry to go to Cumberland is very close to the interstate so you could stay at a hotel in that area as well.

As others' mentioned, the only advertised lodging on the island are tent campsites or the bed and breakfast called the Greyfield Inn. We have not done either of those options yet but maybe this will help you-->>>http://www.the-how-to-guru.com/2013/10/looking-for-fun-family-trip-on-east.html

blessings,

Shan

www.The-How-to-Guru.com

Mentioned in this post
Greyfield Inn
Greyfield Inn
265 Reviews
Cumberland Island, GA
4. Re: Where do u recommend staying on Cumberland island? What is

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 21:19