We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did not receive

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Did not receive

Received confirmation from Yahoola Creek Cabins in January 2010 that I had obtained rental of their cabin for April 17, 2010. Mailed over 100 dollar deposit check that was quickly cashed. On March 30, 2010 received call from owner that they had made a mistake and another party had rented the cabin on the night I had reserved. He suggested I try the Econo Lodge in town but no other cabins in the area were available due to bluegrass festival in town that weekend (the reason for my visit!!!). He agreed to return my deposit. This is treatment I expect from Istanbul or Paris, not "small town" Georgia. Very disappointing. Because it was their mistake, offering to refund my deposit fell far short of what a professonal host would have done!!!

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did not receive

And whatever you do, DO NOT try the Econo Lodge. It's a dump.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Did not receive

So, cardsfan40. The Econo Lodge on N. Grove St? What was your experiance? I have been considering staying there. Looking for an inexpensive, CLEAN place to stay for about 5 days for a little rest, relaxation, and just a little get away. Possibly in October 2010. I wonder if the leaves start to change at that time yet? A little early or not at that time of year? Can't afford $$$ for a clean bed and do not need luxuries. That would be the total rotten pitts to have confirmed reservations like Hoosierdave11 and it not be available after getting there. OMG! I would freak out. Anyone familiar with the Blue Ridge scenic railway excursions? Sounds pretty nice! Is it worth the trip?

3. Re: Did not receive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:29
Get answers to your questions about Dahlonega