We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanes Rib Shack

Which Ellijay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Shanes Rib Shack

Ellijay is getting a new BBQ restaurant, it's near Lowes in the building of the short-lived "Golden Rule" BBQ. I understand Shane's Rib shack it a chain restaurant. So what say you BBQ man, is it any good?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

it's fair. i enjoyed the shanes in dahlonega, have been to the one here in gainesville too. they do not use a wood wired smoker though. at one time they had a tasty nc inspired sauce, which i haven't found the past few visits. for chain bbq it's not too shabby.

Talking Rock,Ga
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

We ate at the Shane's in Canton, and the meal we got was very good. Better than Golden Rule ever thought about serving. It's comparable to Rib Country in Blairsville, if you ever have eaten there.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

I wasnt impressed with shanes, as the sauce just doesnt do it for me, but they are growing by leaps and bounds so someone must love their food.

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

Thanks all... for the reviews. It's amazing how many BBQ places have been popping up in the area over the past year or so.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

i wish them all the luck in the world, and they are going to need it in that building. the overhead at that location i can only imagine would choke a horse. especially not having a wood fired smoker, which essentially IS bbq.

Ellijay, GA
Level Contributor
447 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

I tried it this weekend since Wolf Creek Canyon moved on me. It was o.k. (beats me having to cook) But I prefer Col. Pooles if I can't get Wolf Creek.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

we had an excellent meal here last week. the ribs may have needed a little seasoning but every thing else was magnificent, sides were splendid, chicken delicious, bbq scrumptious, and exceptionally friendly caring attentive service. great bbq joint!

we were also pleased with la paz on main st in blue ridge

McDonough Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

Shane and Stacy live in my neighborhood so I'm biased.....but the food is delicious. The service we receive is fast and friendly every time we go to the one in McDonough!

9. Re: Shanes Rib Shack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Ellijay