We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

Which Ellijay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kawartha Lakes...
Level Contributor
63 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

Any recommendations for specialty shopping in this area? Things like butcher shops, bakeries, fruit/vegetable markets, etc. We're going to be in the area in June. Thanks!

Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

I live about 15 mins from ellijay and i cant think of anything good to suggest. Ellijay is known for its apple festival but you wont be here during this time. We kinda spend the whole year getting ready for the festival. If you can travel a little from ellijay go to helen its a german town with lots of shops.its about an hr away

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

You'll probably find more choices in Blue Ridge. I'll ask a friend from Florida who has a second home at Bent Tree.

There is a Saturday market that is open with local vendors selling their products. I go to a similar one in Clayton GA and buy veggies, fruit, baked goods (including cakes), free range eggs, flavored goat cheese spreads and even flowers for the table. Most of what I eat and serve comes from the similar Saturday market in Clayton.

Here's a link to the Blue Ridge page -

http://blueridgefarmersmarket.blogspot.com/

And here's a link to the Georgia Organics website that includes a search feature -

…georgiaorganics.org/Members/Blue-Ridge-Farm…

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

They also have a Facebook page. Check it out - Blue Ridge Farmer's Market

South Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

We love this place: http://www.grassfedgeorgia.com/ They raise all their animals humanely and slaughter humanely. They sell their meat products in their store and they have the farm animals there for you to meet. Cows, pigs, etc. Meat prices are a high, but you're not getting any GMOs or antibiotic ridden meats.

5. Re: Specialty Stores in Ellijay and area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Ellijay