We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proud Dad Needs Help

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Proud Dad Needs Help

My son is supposed to be graduating on May 7th from Basic Training. I am divorced and not getting much more info from his Mom with any other details. I am concerned that I read a post somewhere down the line here that the letter is actually the pass to get on the premises. Also, I am hearing about a family day for the first time as well. Can anyone help a proud Father with some helpful information and guidance. I can find info on lodging and such. I am struggling with the details.. etc. PLEASE.....

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proud Dad Needs Help

put fort benning in the search box above, and you will see several conversations on the same topic, the best advice is to contact the base.

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
520 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proud Dad Needs Help

You can also go to Ft. Benning's official website & get info about the activities (just Google Ft Benning). You should be able to get on the post with only a valid drivers license (or other official photO ID, like a passport) that day unless there is an unexepected increase in national security level.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
691 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proud Dad Needs Help

I have been married to the same man for 41 years, but I can tell you from exprerience children no matter the age want to see their parents make an extra effort to be involved. Don't rely on anybody. It is your boy and you want to be there for him. So make sure you are. Show him that you are there for him. Contact Fort Benning and also contact a local USO organization. If you make the effort to get there he will love you for that. Don't hold back and just show your son that you went the extra mile to go there for him.

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Proud Dad Needs Help

thx. i did that and was able to find alot of good info as well as dos and donts from others..

5. Re: Proud Dad Needs Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Benning