We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th fireworks

Which Helen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta Ga
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th fireworks

Hey Helen fans...we are heading to Helen for 4th of July this year. Been there many times, but never for the 4th. Would someone please let me know where they set off the fireworks ? My husand hates crowds of any sort while on vacation, so trying to plan a little in advance. Can you see them from Pauls Steakhouse ? It would be wonderful to have dinner while watching the fireworks.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th fireworks

I think the fireworks will be set off over by the Cool River Tubing Company.If the tubing company is where I think it is(down back behind the little amusement park,I don't know if you would have a view or not.If that does not work,try the Mexican restaurant to see if there is a view from there.You can sit outside this place and eat.There's also a little Bar-B-Q joint over by the visitor center.I don't know if it will be open at that time though.I think your best bet is just to eat before the show.

Atlanta Ga
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th fireworks

Thanks Cabin Fever !! Appreciate your reply.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th fireworks

If you want a good view try driving by the visitor center and N. GA Barbecue and cross the bridge. There are 3 (I think) roads straight across from the end of the bridge. If I am remembering correctly, the center road will take you to the top of the hill. There was a single cabin for sale at the top. You can see it as you drive into Helen. Completely unobstructed view and no people, unless others figure it out as well or if it has sold.

You should also consider the miniature golf course parking lot. Not the one on the right that you can see, this is another .25 or so miles dolwn the road on the left. It sits up on a hill.

Jody

Martin, GA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th fireworks

Does anyone know about what time it is going to start?

5. Re: July 4th fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 06:17