We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North ga trip with 5 kids

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
North ga trip with 5 kids

Where is the best place to getaway in north ga in August with 5 active kids? We are considering Helen, blue ridge' Elijah and any other places within 2 hours of Atlanta.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North ga trip with 5 kids

You may want to consider Enota, which is north of Helen. They have family camping and also cabins and "motel" like rooms. enota.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g35007-d549510-…

Of course if you stay in Helen, there is plenty of nature stuff to do nearby. The coolest thing you could do while there is go tubing along the river that cuts right through Helen. It should be warm enough to do that in August.

http://www.coolrivertubing.com/

Check out my full recollection of my recent trip to the North Georgia Mountains. I stayed in the Adult Camping section at Enota. We visited waterfalls and did some hiking.

travelblog.org/North-America/United-States/G…

I don't want TripAdvisor to think I'm spamming by talking about my camping trip so much but...I like to share my travel experiences because they are sometimes easier to get ideas from than actual direct suggestions.

Here's the link to my suggestion on another thread. You may find some of it helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28930-i18-k730298…

----------

followmea.tumblr.com/

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North ga trip with 5 kids

Also, what kind of accommodations are you looking for? Where you stay and what you do might depend on this. :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North ga trip with 5 kids

I would go with the Blue Ridge area. You can venture into North Carolina and Tennessee. Nice downtown area in Blue Ridge as well.

Demorest, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: North ga trip with 5 kids

I hear the merchants have started a Business Association with an events board. They plan to add alot more activities for families. Check out Business Leaders of Helen.

Demorest, Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: North ga trip with 5 kids

Helen is in a Tri State area. Easily go to different cities and back to Helen. Also in White County there are many waterfalls, hiking trails, bike riding etc that you can do free or very inexpensive. Check out the Welcome Center for all the free information plus the information channel in the motels/hotels will tell you about things in the area. It covers 9 surrounding counties. Watch for new and exciting things coming to Helen Georgia.

6. Re: North ga trip with 5 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:16