We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer time at Jekyll Island

Which Jekyll Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Summer time at Jekyll Island

Hi,

I was at Jekyll Island back in Feb. 2012 and really enjoyed the serine nature of the place with almost empty beaches. I was thinking about going back during first week of July and was wondering if the island gets much busier in the summer months.

thanks.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
678 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer time at Jekyll Island

Yes it does. There is a popular water park that draws families and the beaches as you know are very nice. Still the Island is very nice and not as crowded as other islands get. It is still a low key place.

Jekyll Island...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer time at Jekyll Island

There are activities during July that bring families but it is still less crowded than any other summer place you will find.

The night of July 4th brings lots of people for the fireworks and there is a bit of a wait to exit island (since it is small and all) but besides that night--July is not bad at all.

If you stay at the Days Inn or close to it--you will see more people on the beach and more on Driftwood as well. St. Andrews (at the south end) is still very calm and serene even in July! We love it!

Let me know if I can be of any more help! This may help ya:

http://www.Jekyll-Island-Reviews.com

Gainesville, Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer time at Jekyll Island

Hi! Jekyll Island can't be beat any time of year. In the summer you'll see more people, but the beaches are still relatively deserted, especially on the far south end around St. Andrews Point. Hampton Inn is a great place to stay on the South end. Around Sept. 14 they'll have the Shrimp and Grits festival, a wonderful way to sample shrimp and grits culinary delights, hear great music, and generally have a great time. August brings the Beach Music Festival.

Check out www.jekyll-island-family-adventures.com for lots more to do and see there.

Edited: 03 July 2012, 20:34
4. Re: Summer time at Jekyll Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Jekyll Island