We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

Which Marietta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

I'm travelling from the UK to Georgia in the summer for a research trip.

I need to get from Atlanta airport to Marietta - this brings me to my first question:

What is the best way to get from the airport in Atlanta to Marietta - not including hiring a car and driving there myself?

When in Marietta I need somewhere to stay that is at the cheaper end of the spectrum - I do not mind it being basic but my minimum requirement is a high standard of cleanliness!

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay that meets this description?

Last point - whilst in Marietta I need to get from the downtown area (presumably where my hotel/motel will be) to up near with Holly Springs Road meets Old Canton Road, every day, there and back.

I presume buses are out of the question - could anyone tell me how much they think a taxi would be and could you recommend me a taxi service to use whilst I'm in town?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me at all. It is much appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

Sorry not a transit expert, but I know that there is a way to connect Cobb County Transit and MARTA, but not sure how it works. Your best bet is to probably pick a hotel in the Windy Hill Road, Cobb Parkway area --- I would start with the Galleria Hotel and move outwards depending on where the connections to MARTA are (this is the area immediately around Cobb Pkwy Hwy 19/41 and I-285). Trains do not run to this area, so buses or a cab are your options. You may want to choose a different hotel location than Marietta, that is on the MARTA rail line, and then use cabs to Marietta.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

Marietta is in Cobb County and they have their own bus system -

http://dot.cobbcountyga.gov/cct/

www.marietta.com/information/transportation = cabs to airport

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

Taxi far from the airport to the area where Holly Springs Road meets Old Canton Road will be about $65. Once there, you can use taxis to get to your destination, or, as others mention, the CCT bus. I'd look for hotels as close to Holly Springs Road/Old Canton Road as possible, and contact those hotels to see if they offer a free shuttle. Kennesaw, near the intersection of Barrett Parkway and I-75, would be a good area to start looking. You can identify hotels there using Google Maps or expedia, orbitz, etc.

Marietta, Ga. USA
Level Contributor
516 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

CCT. Cobb Community Transit. Cab company is Style Taxi.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
670 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

As far as hotels go in Marietta, you're deep in the suburbs of East Cobb County at Holly Springs and Old Canton! I'm trying to think of any hotels that are even in that area! There may be something in Roswell, which isn't terribly far from there. Or you can look in the area off Powers Ferry Road between I-285 and Delk Road (Avoid staying on Delk Road as it is kinda nasty). There are some business traveler type hotels off Powers Ferry though as GE offices are in the Wildwood complex. From there, you could easily take a taxi from the hotel to your location. It wouldn't be very far.

Honestly, I'm wondering if the taxi fare would be cheaper for you to take Marta north to the Dunwoody Station, then take a taxi from there to East Cobb. The distance is significantly less. There may also be a Marta bus transfer option with CCT somewhere. I'm not entirely familiar with the bus choices. Or, take a MARTA bus to the CCT transfer station at Cumberland, then a short taxi or bus ride to your hotel. There has to be a bus route that runs along Powers Ferry.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,225 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

This user has never returned to follow up on her original question. I wonder whether it's worth our effort to offer advice if she isn't listening.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia

I'll just put it out there. Rental car is necessary for that area. It's entirely residential and no bus stops are within a reasonable walking distance.

Reply to: Transport and accommodation in Marietta - Georgia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marietta
More Marietta Topics