We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining in Montezuma, Georgia

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
dining in Montezuma, Georgia

Who has been to Yoder's Diestch Haus Restuarant and Bakery?

I am going to need a "book report" on it.

Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

I haven't been in a few years but every time I have gone, it's been awesome. Yoder's is a family-run Mennonite restaurant. Their specialty is homemade country cooking such as fried chicken, roast beef, spare ribs, ham, macaroni and cheese, creamed corn, collard greens, yeast rolls, etc.

I am a big fan of the "meat and three" and Yoder's does them well. Very fresh and tasty. If you get iced tea, the staff are very good at making sure your glass stays full.

They have a small area near the entrance where you can buy cakes, pies and bread. Across the parking lot, they operate a gift shop featuring handcrafted wooden items, from toys to swings to mailboxes.

If you go to citysearch.com and look up Montezuma, Ga., I'm pretty sure you can get their phone number to get exact directions.

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

5252 Hwy 26 E

Montezuma, GA 31063-6702

(478) 472-2024

Thanks

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

from the main gate of Andersonville NHP (the annual POW Days program is the second weekend of March) turn right onto Route 49, the Andersonville Trail.

Go seven miles, northbound.

Turn right onto GA Hwy. 26.

Go six miles, eastbound. Yoder's will be on the right.

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

23 minutes 14.10 miles

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

Thanks for your "book report", Peachyswan !

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

the breads here are heaven sent. everything was good but the bread sticks in my mind as being particularly good.

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

Thanks BBQ Man !

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

My neighbors went there yesterday and brought home a coconut cream pie that was sublime. Even the crust was extraordinary. I would drive to Montezuma from Atlanta just for a piece of that pie and I am not kidding. My neighbors also reported that they had an excellent meal!!!

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

I will be back at Yoder's Deustch Haus Restuarant on the second weekend of November 2006. Andersonville NHP is having for the first time, a Illumnaria program. I am going to be help setting up the candles, etc. to represent each dead Union POW or dead Confederate guard. I will stop by Yoder's as often as I can that extended weekend.

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: dining in Montezuma, Georgia

Have a piece of coconut cream pie for me!!!

Get answers to your questions about Montezuma