We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paul's oyster bar

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,150 reviews
Save Topic
paul's oyster bar

located on short ave. pauls is the real deal. open wed through saturday with a sunday buffet now, paul's is, has been, and i surely hope will continue to be one dandy place to eat. fresh seafood from the gulf coast is brought north so patrons here get dock fresh seafood in north georgia. great grouper! but my favorite has always been raw oysters, adn you'll never get a bad one from pauls. it's always fun to eat at pauls! good food, reasonable prices an a fun environement make this floyd county gem a diamond in the rough to discover. we go back every chance we get and have never been less than thrilled once in 25 years. none better!

Dalton,
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paul's oyster bar

pauls is the best oyster bar in north georgia. always fresh they bring their seafood up from the gulf every week intheir own truck.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paul's oyster bar

short of the country gentleman this is thte best place to eat in floyd county that i know of bar nunn. the country gentleman features first quality italian food with steaks and all the extras. i can't wait to go back! !!!!!!!have you been?

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paul's oyster bar

I went to Country Gentleman last week. I had coconut fried shrimp with sweet and sour habanero sauce. My husband had a one pound chopped steak smothered in onions. We ordered an appetizer of fried broccoli, green tomatoes and fried pickles. He had the side of spaghetti and I had the side of brocolli with sauce besides the side salads and bread. We had enough food to take home for four more meals.

We never go anywhere else when we go to Rome because our car heads automatically for Country Gentleman's. It is our most favorite restaurant in the whole world. That has been the case for over twenty years.

They have great Italian food but the seafood is fantastic too. The boston blue fish fried spicy is what I often order. The chicken ala Cristina is great too as well as the pork tenderloins with eggplant. They have a wonderful seafood platter.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paul's oyster bar

you owe it to yourself to try pauls. you'll love it i swear. ocean fresh, quality service in an inviting atmosphere have made me a repeat customer for years now. it's a fun place, SO HAVE SOME!!!!!!

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paul's oyster bar

Our family went to Paul's last Sat. evening. We have eaten there

many times but it had been quite awhile since our last visit.

We all ordered shrimp and I must admit it was the best I've had in

a long, long time! Some had salad bar and were pleased. The

slaw was also very good and of course, the fantastic onion rings!

We decided we won't wait so long to return!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paul's oyster bar

i wish i was there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paul's oyster bar

bump!

8. Re: paul's oyster bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:17