We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

Which Saint Simons Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

Are there any dog friendly restaurants or attractions in the St. Simon Island area? Perhaps an open air patio where our black lab can hang out while we eat?

Thanks.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

God I hope not --- but i am sure there are. And yes i know your dog is better behaved than most children, and I love my dog to, but i would never take it into a public restaurant, because alot of people have allergies to pets and/or a fear of dogs (regardless of whether you feel that is rational and irrational). If you were coming to my home, your dog would be welcome, but a public restaurant -- no way (with the exception of a seeing eye dog for the blind).

Atlanta, GA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

Point taken. I just didn't know if dogs were as welcome as they are in Atlanta.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

Might be a good business model to follow though. If I could have these two things, I would be most happy:

1. A restaurant that doesnt allow children, or has a separate child/family section that is closed off from those of us who wanted to enjoy our meal.

2. A dog owners restaurant that is as pet friendly as Petsmart -- but everyone knows it is a pet-friendly restaurant, before they walk in.

I think a smoker's only bar/restaurant would work well to. I wouldnt enjoy it, but I know several who would.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

I agree with the lady. I would never eat in a place that allowed dogs. People think others should love their dogs as much as they do but I cant stand the smelly things. Sorry.

5. Re: Dog friendly restaurants or attractions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island