We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel actually on the beach?

Which Saint Simons Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel actually on the beach?

Can anyone suggest a nice hotel that is actually on the beach?

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
688 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel actually on the beach?

You will be very limited when it comes to Hotels actually on the beach. The King and Prince Resort is on the beach but at high tide, there isn't much of beach if at all. Just down the beach from the King and Prince is East Beach. This is where everyone on the island goes to the beach. There are no hotels there atleast I'm not aware of them. Over on neighboring Sea Island is the exclusive Cloisters Hotel and Spa. They have rooms at their Beach Club. It is very expensive though and they are undergoing a transition as they went into bankruptcy. They are still running at a high level now but I don't know when you plan to visit St. Simons as that could change. Look into the Ocean Lodge which is across from the beach but again little beach at high tide. Also the Beach Bed & Breakfast. If you would be happy with oceanviews than I would stay at the Ocean Lodge. It is a romantic, boutique type hotel. If travelling with your family, I would say the King and Prince.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel actually on the beach?

If your wanting something directly on the beach look into renting a vacation home or condo at VRBO.com or Homeaway.com. Also there are several rental agencies on the island that have rentals on the beach. We have rented from Hodnett Cooper with good results but Vrbo is a little cheaper. You dont have the middle man to deal with.

3. Re: Best hotel actually on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 07:09
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island