We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blvd ship house

Saint Simons...
1 post
Save Topic
Ocean Blvd ship house

Looking for a very large home for a reunion of 30 people, found the house called the ship on ocean blvd Looks very nice. Does anyone know anything about it.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

Shiphouse will be about the only property able to accomodate a group of 30. The unit is actually 3 floors of identical floorplan including kitchen that can be rented individually or the entire unit. Each floor has 4 bedrooms, most with private baths.

The Lott Cottage just north of the Sea Gate Inn is an old cottage (builit in 1950s) that is used primarily by family, but they do have it in a rental program through By the Sea vacations. With 7 bedrooms and 5 baths, it is rated at a capacity of 28, but these would be especially close family guests as a couple of the rooms are like bunk rooms ideal for children. Plain and simple as the traditional SSI cottages of that era are, but then the rate is probably half that of the Shiphouse.

The one disadvantage to that section of SSI is that a couple of hours before and after high tide, you have no beach as the water level comes up to the revertment seawall.

Saint Louis...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

We will be staying at the shiphouse and are concerned about the high tide. Should we be concerned?

Saint Louis...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

Shiphouse at St. Simon Island. High tide issues????

boston
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

yes you should be concerned there is no beach whether it is high tide or low tide. just returned from shiphouse and if i had to do over i would have gone to rivendale which is right on the beach down the street with a real pool. Dont try and use the stove on the first floor it is for looks only. bad smell of mold and mildew on 1st floor too.

Great Falls...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

Yes - we can comment favorably on the Ship House. Our family stayed there. It is absolutely beautiful. Very well appointed with spectacular ocean views (you feel like you are on a ship). They have a private pool too, so when you want to get away from the sand at the beach you can still enjoy the water and the ocean views! An easy walk along the beach or the street to the pier and downtown SSI. We had 3 generations at the house and everyone loved it. A perfect place for large gatherings. We highly recommend this spot! We will be back.

On the Road
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

Our family with 4 generations of people are looking at staying here at the shiphouse as well. Can you tell me how the beaches were and how the pool was for a large group of people. I was told it was pretty small by the realtor. I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks!

On the Road
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

Our family with 4 generations of people are looking at staying here at the shiphouse as well. Can you tell me how the beaches were and how the pool was for a large group of people. I was told it was pretty small by the realtor. I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

Beach access really is only an issue at high tide. At other times, the beach can be quite wide. The pool is not huge, but you will find it's rare for everyone to be at - let alone IN - the pool at any given time. Sunning options are varied: there are chairs and chaise lounges around the pool, Adirondack type chairs on a deck on the rocks overlooking the beach, and tons of seating on the roof deck. Each unit also has a furnished, covered deck looking out at the ocean and beach. Floors 1 and 2 are rented together as an 8-BR unit and cannot have two full kitchens, but both floors have every kitchen amenity except the one stove (microwave, grill, fridge, etc.). You will love this place! It's clean, attractive, and in a great location!

9. Re: Ocean Blvd ship house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island