We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary in St. Simons-what to do, where to stay, eat?

Which Saint Simons Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
357 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary in St. Simons-what to do, where to stay, eat?

Thinking about coming to St. Simons Island for our anniversary trip in May. We love going to Amelia Island and we usually visit the fort, go to the beach, walk around downtown and rest and relax.

I feel like St. Simons would be a good place similar to Amelia Island. I've been there before but it was when I was a kid and we stayed at the Epworth by the sea for a conference.

Where are good (cheaper) places to stay. We'd love to stay in a pricey place but need to stay at around $100 per night. So if you know of any deal sites that'd be great.

Other than the lighthouse, what other things should we see? We thought about going to the fort and seeing Christ Church. We like historic sites and churches.

We like quaint shopping areas too, where should we look for that? Suggestions on restaurants would be great.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
357 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anniversary in St. Simons-what to do, where to stay, eat?

All those places sound yummy. I love hearing what people have enjoyed.

As for the shops in the village area, is there one where I might find Christmas ornaments? Or will I have to look elsewhere?

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
678 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anniversary in St. Simons-what to do, where to stay, eat?

There are shops in the Village that have Christmas ornaments, jewelry, artwork, etc. However, there is not a Christmas shop. Also go to the Heritage Center near the lighthouse in the Village. They have a shop there that sells ornaments and they are very nice.

13. Re: Anniversary in St. Simons-what to do, where to stay, eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island